cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error connecting using JCO.Client: null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a WD app which uses the RFC FM. I followed How-To-build-webdynpro.pdf document to create the WD and trying to deploy and run, I see the view page but when I trigger the action via button UI element I get following error as exception in the try catch block of execute method

In the NWA I see

Could not create JCOClientConnection for logical System: 'WD_MODELDATA_DEST' - Model

An exception has occurred: Erorr accessing cache [region]='XCM_SESSION_SCOPE'.

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.isa.core.cache.Cache$Exception: Cannot return access for region 'XCM_SESSION_SCOPE'. Cache is not ready

I'm using following existing JCO definition by configuring them with correct parameters. Tested them successfully

WD_RFC_METADATA_DEST

WD_MODELDATA_DEST

What am I missing? In SM04 tcode I see 2 connections are opened with 2 Megabyte not released for a long time. I think if connections are released correctly it should drop to 1 megabyte. Is there anything that I need to do just after execute method as shown below (I have replaced function module with <FM> in below code)

try {

wdContext.node<FM>_Input().current<FM>_Get_InputElement().modelObject().execute();

} catch(Exception exception) {

msgMgr.reportException(exception.getLocalizedMessage(), false);

}

wdContext.nodeOutput().invalidate();

msgMgr.reportSuccess("Success");

The error is in the catch block which is displayed on the view page.

Thanks

Praveen

I modified the above code and put in finally block to close the connections as follows, please let me know if this is OK. I still get error message as "Error connecting using JCO.Client: null" but no additional connections in the SM04 after adding finally block.

try {

wdContext.node<FM>_Input().current<FM>_Get_InputElement().modelObject().execute();

} catch(Exception exception) {

msgMgr.reportException(exception.getLocalizedMessage(), false);

}finally {

// disconnect the connection

wdContext.<FM>_Get_InputElement().modelObject().modelInstance().disconnectIfAlive();

}

Edited by: Praveen11 on Oct 5, 2009 9:06 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please follow these threads

1. [JCOClientConnection for logical System|;

2.[Could not create JCOClientConnection for logical |/thread/684492 [original link is broken];

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish.

The issue is resolved. I think it was to do with permission, as I was running directly from NWDS deploy and run the session didn't have proper authorisation or something that was causing this error.

When I copy pasted the URL in the correct browser session window I got no error and function module was successfully executed. However the issue now is that values are not showing up in the view may be to do with mapping context or model I'll review and post back as different thread.

Thanks

Praveen