cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage location and post.chge storage location not in the same warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have HU managed Storage Location, and in this Storage Location we have SUT managed Warehouse, Now while Goods Receipt we have to create inbound delivery, which is working fine and i can see my stock in Goods receipt area,, later on whicle creating Transfer Order to putaway in a bin i have a error message "Storage location and post.chge storage location not in the same warehouse" please help me with this error message. Thank you for all your inputs.

Regards

Samuel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There could be 2 reasons for this.

1) Have you finished Packing in Delivery. You have pack first and then put away.

2) Check whether you have given partner storage location in IMG-Logistics - General-Handling Unit Management-Basics-Materials Management-Inventory Management-HU Requirement for Storage Locations and Default Values for Deliveries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

Thank you for the input. I am receiving Stock from vendor and while creating Inbound delivery i created the Handling Unit and also packed it and i could also post it (PG Receipt). Now when i am creating TO i have that error message. The Storage Location where i am receiving is 9001and i have also maintained the partner Storage location,,, its like this Plant(1000)-SLoc(9001)-Partner SLoc(9002).... now the Storage Location 9002 is not HU managed,, the reason i gave this Storage location is, initially i gave 9001, but system said "Storage Location 9001 and 9001 must have different management systems". So now kindly tell me what is the purpose of the partner Storage location and which storage location should i give, as my partner Storage location across "1000-9001-????" thank you again for ur inputs.

Regards,

Samuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Samuel,

How could you post it (PG Receipt) without craetion & confirmation of TO?

Standard sequence is Pack, Create & confirm a TO. Then PGR.

Your HU related settings seems to be correct.

But system should not allow you to do PGR w/o TO. So, the process sequence could be the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

What you said is right, but some how i was able to post ,,, so i have also tried packing and not posting delivery and tried creating TO and again have the same error message "Storage location and post.chge storage location not in the same warehouse"

Regards,

Samuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then Plz go to

IMG-Warehouse Management-Interfaces-Inventory Management-Define Storage Location Control-Control of Assignment "Plant / Stor.Loc. - Whse Number"

Check whether any storage location for plant 1000 is made as "standard storage location". If yes, then you have to check "Do not copy storage location to TR" for storage location 9001.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Nagesh for ur support,,, problem solved the inbound delivery type was not relevent for picking , i have made it picking relevent and now its working fine.

Regards,

Samuel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need a partner storage location set up, that is not WM/HU managed. You can set it here:

IMG-Logistics - General-Handling Unit Management-Basics-Materials Management-Inventory Management-HU Requirement for Storage Locations

The partner st. location cannot belong to another warehouse either.

The reason for the partner storage location is this (copied from help):

If you want to increase or reduce the stock of a handling unit in a

storage location that has handling unit requirement, this storage

location is used as a partner storage location if you do not specify

another storage location.