cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment of Vendor and Material group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any way to assign vendors/material groups to standard industry classifications.

We need to have vendors attached to these new industry groups and further to attach specific material groups and G/L's to these vendors- in that once a material group is selected (in SRM ordering), only the assigned vendors / GL groups will be allowed for selection.

Please let me know if this is possible in SRM 5.0 (by standard or Non standard).

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe there is a place in maintain supplier data

one field called product category check it up. i believe vendor data tab.

since for eg in ros , you registered vendor in srm via whta product category you can suplly to the organisation.

but no one is using extensively. some customers are using this field for spend analysis report for each vendor what is the spend on thi s particular product category.

which suppliesrs can provide product category

product category are customer specific. fr eg go to dun and brad sheet web page . here you may get a list which supplier can provide what PRODUCT CATEGORY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

where can i find this field to give vendor against product category.

And one more doubt..whenever I replicate new vendor from R/3 to SRM it is giving warning message as ' No industry sectors manitained and No industry sectors transferred'. Is this also related to the above what I have asked.

Muthu, can you please elaborate on this?

regards

pavithra

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IN STANDARD YOU CAN NOT EXPECT THIS.

for eg. manage business partner data

go to bidder data tab

under product categories tab

you can select desired product categories and save it . now this vendor has assigned to this product category. this is just clue. You must explore how you should utilise.. etc.

br

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

Okay. I will check for any cutomised options.

We are not using sourcing functionality over here. Here while creating shopping cart only we dirctly assign price and vendor which directly creates PO.

And how to get rid of this warning message while replicating new vendors to SRM? Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am linking one more question to same thread.

In SRM 5.0 version, we have Vendor groups. When ever we are replicating vendor from R/3 to SRM systems, we are giving the vendor groups. How to we define a vendor group??What is this vendor group and exactly based on what attributes vendos are grouped under different Vendor groups.

Please let me know.

Regards

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about the BADI BBP_F4_READ_ON_ENTRY and BBP_F4_READ_ON_EXIT ?

Regards,

Masa