cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Delta Queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sap gurus,

We know that there is a bw delta queue in r/3 and also in bw, and the data gets in bw delta queue from where data is picked up by bw requests. What i actually want to know is from where does the data is picked from, is it from r/3 bw delta queue or from bw side bw delta queue. Please clear my doubt. Thank you.

Regards,

Lavanya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The delta queue is used from the system that delivers the data. If you extract data from R/3, the R/3 delta queue is used.

The concept of the delta queue is that the system that creates/changes records makes a copy of this record into the deltaqueue. Once the BW requests the data for extraction, it looks at the delta queue, retreieves the data and empties the delta queue.

Mario

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when ever u do posting in bw based on the delta method the luw comes to rsa7that is in r/3.

at the time of delta in bw the data comes from r/3 rsa7

review

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya

iam pradeep Im also preparring for interview.I dont have clear documents in Lo and generic. I got some answers through your thread .If u hav any documnets in Lo and generic please send to me to my email id. pradeep202@yahoo.com

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The delta queing takes place in the source system. R/3 in this case. Even legacy systems are programmed to extract delta in many cases. The new and changed records exist in the source but not in BW. The BW pulls data from the delta tables.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lavanya,

The delta queue is usually maintained in the source system itself and only for XML it is maintained in BW/ ttarget source system.

I am not sure if this is the right community for the post , please post in the BW forums , where you will get more answers...

You can always check in RSA7 for contents of the delta queue and you will find source system specific (R/3) Data Sources in R/3 and only XML in BW..

Arun

Assigning points is a way of saying thanks in SDN!!!

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would agree with Arun that this is a BW question and thus more appropriate to a BW forum...but this opens up an additonal point. Where does BI and BW reside...in a more technical context, or a more business process oriented one?

Marilyn

0 Kudos

Marilyn, you bring up a general question for the new-born BPX community. <b>What is a SDN topic and what is a BPX topic?</b> I am not sure if this discussion is to early, but anyway, I opened a separate topic in the BPX General Discussions Forum.

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Marcus.

Yes, that is the can of worms we really <b>need</b> to open

I think it is actually up to the community to discover where they want to have which conversations.

For example, the solutions areas are probably a good fit for the BPX category although some of the questions asked in those forums are technical.

My hope is that the community would actually, in time, weigh in as to which subject was appropriate to which area.

We could have appropriated (annexed) forums to the BPX category, but we chose to wait and see how the community would "weigh in".

Thanks so much for generating this topic!

Marilyn