SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Termination due to data type-Emigall

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Through Emigall, we have generated our structures to create business partner and contract account. If we preapre a sample file through data import and execute that file, the record is created without any error. But when we created our own file in text delimited format, and import that file, there is an error which occurs 'Termination due to data type' with message number EM109. But the strange thing is that the record is created. We dont know whether we should ignore this error or get rid of this error. Please can you guide us how do we get rid of this error.

Regards,

Charvi

2 REPLIES 2

friedrich_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Charvi,

I am not sure I understand the problem. I'll try to rephrase your statements and I'd appreciate your comments:

Through Emigall, we have generated our structures to create business partner and contract account

I assume you have created a hyper migration object including the PARTNER and ACCOUNT migration objects, right?

If we prepare a sample file through data import and execute that file, the record is created without any error

You are using the import file editor to create new data objects in a new import file, right? An the import file (created by the import file editor) can be loaded w/o any problems, right?

But when we created our own file in text delimited format ...

I understand, that you have created a text file and converted it into the binary file format. How did you do this? As an upload through the import file editor or through the conversion program REMIG_FILE_TRANSFORM?

The job is cancelled (error due to data type) but the data object is created?

This happens, when the database changes have been commited (after calling the service function module) and the next data record does contain a strange record data type (at least something that cannot be interpreted as such)

Certainly you should not ignore this error because the application log of this job will not be available after a cancellation. I suggest to analyse your text file. There might find some additional lines with or without with spaces or something else you should remove prior to a conversion.

Cheers,

Fritz

0 Kudos

Hello Friedrich,

Thanks for the info, we were able to make a correct input file for Business partner. We are still trying for the Contract Account. I am sure we will succeed in that.

Regards

Charvi