SAP R/3 HW migration steps
We are purchasing new servers for our SAP R/3 environment, because current one's are almost five years old.
SAP R/3 4.6C on Oracle 126.96.36.199 on HP-UX 11.00
I was wondering about this procedure for SAP application and DB copy to the new server.
What do you think about the following steps on the new server:
1. HP-UX 11i v2 installed,
2. File systems for /oracle/SID...., /usr/sap/SID..., /sapmnt/SID... created.
3. users sidadm and orasid environment variables - copy the same from the source
4. Install Oracle 9.2.0 with the patchset 188.8.131.52 like the source databases,
5. /etc/passwd, /etc/services, /etc/group copy the corresponding lines from this files
6. rcp from current server to the new one the file systems:
7. Change hostname on the SAP profiles, sidadm profile files, .profile, .login, .dbenv, .sapenv , orasid user profile files .dbenv_<host>.sh and .dbenv_<host>.csh in the home directory of ora<dbsid>.
8. /home/sidadm startsap_... stopsap_... scripts change the hostname for the new server
9. listener.ora and tnsnames.ora change
10. SAP license installation of temporary license, until the successful migration
Can I do the SAP system copy from one server to another like the above procedure?
Thank you all.