cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what ATP category to use when loading from non SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are sourcing transactional data from SAP R/3 and using CIF to transfer these data to APO.

Now we have new sets of material locations where we are going to source transcational data from non-SAP system. We are going to extract file from non-SAP system and load it to APO. My question is, do I need to create new categories (non SAP categories) for all these transactional data (sales order, production order, purchase order, etc...) Or can I just use existing SAP categories that are getting populated when data are coming from R/3 through CIF.

If its possible, can I use RLCDELETE to delete previously posted transactional data? because we are planning to do full refresh and reload everyday.

Appreciate your help. Thanks

Regards,

Mylene

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi My lene,

If i undersood your question correctly, you are trying to upload transaction data into APO system using file interface.

You can use custom or standard ATP categories to upload any type of transaction data and deletion of those orders also possible for both the ATP categories using RLCDLETE report (except salesorder and fixed planned orders, they can be deleted by SDORDER_DEL & DELETE_PP_OREDER reports respectively).

Custome categoires will be used in case additional data needs to get stored in APO system along with the standard transaction data coming from ECC system . For example, salesorders coming from ECC and uploaded from file.

If the transaction data coming from only one source system then it is better to use standard categories.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks & Regards,

Jagadeesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mylene,

If you need differentiation for same set of transactional data element between

SAP and non-SAP data, then you use different ATP category, orelse you

can use the same ATP category so that it will be easily understandable

by the end user.