cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interactive excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a new SAP user, I was using excel pivots in order to generate custome live stock tables. Now I want to this with SAP. I realize SAP Interactive Excel but I am not able to use it. Is it possible to generate tables and use SAP database with this application?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

clinton_jones2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't believe that Interactive Excel supports this capability without significant development. You could however leverage a BAPI with interactive excel integration or a 3rd party tool.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Now I want to this with SAP. I realize SAP Interactive Excel but I am not able to use it.

What do you mean with that?

> Is it possible to generate tables and use SAP database with this application?

You generate "tables"?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Briefly I want to see the current stoks of materials that I want in excel. I am not sure but interactive excel may do this. For instance in one page of interactive excel I refresh all SAP material stocks and in another page I use the refreshed data to fill the stok column of my report via excel formulas.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well - Excel is not a "frontend" for SAP, especially not to "change" data. You may, however, choose the report with the output and download the data to excel.

A SAP system does many things in the background, e. g. permission checks, change data, logging and other application specific things. You never directly update data from a "frontend".

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not want to change the data, I just want to see the current stock data. I saw a refresh button on the top of the iXL menus. For my own excel reports I log in SAP and export data from mb52 screen to excel and I use it. Is it possible to achive this with the button I mentioned in iXL after generating tables to see the current stocks? If possible how?

Ahmet

Edited by: tuzuner on Oct 4, 2009 10:09 PM