cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing SAP* password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do i change the sap* default password pass ,in the client which i have created say CLNT500?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nadeem,

The sap* functionality maintained by using the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar=0 enables you to login using password 'pass'

So, do you want to change this password 'pass' for SAP* ?

If yes, then you have to recreate the SAP* using SU01 in the particular client you want (with auths of sap*/ddic) like you create any other normal user, and reset it's password to what you want.

If I am wrong, then our friends in the forum should correct me.

Regards

Subbarao

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your inputs.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you use su01 and write the sap* in the user name and click on display and

u click on change and goto logon data ,but before this it will give message like address data not maintained u make it ok thats not the problem and u goto logon data

it will give the option for changing the password

Former Member
0 Kudos

you use su01 and write the sap* in the user name and click on display and

u click on change and goto logon data ,but before this it will give message like address data not maintained u make it ok thats not the problem and u goto logon data

it will give the option for changing the password

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Nadeem

As stated by subbarao , for changing SAP* 's password you need to create user master record for user SAP*.

When you use SAP* with its default password SAP reads the "hard coded" paswword that is "pass". Once you create the user master from SU01 it will overrite the hard coded password and you can use your own password.

Now, as user master record is client dependent, you have to do the same in each client to change the password for SAP* in each of them

Edited by: Anindya Bose on Oct 4, 2009 11:44 PM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos