cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection plan with multiple specifications

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have to maintain 1 inspection plan for 2 vendors for incoming inspection.

Eg: Vendor A & B

Vendor A, I have to check parameter Fe, Mn, Si

Vendor B, I have to check parameters Fe, Moisture (For B, no need to check Mn, Si. Also Fe specification will vary for A and B vendors)

How can we do this in SAP. I cannot maintain 2 inspection plans.

Vineeth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Its done

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineeth

It is clealry mentioned in the link attached. It is well written by Raghu sharma. it includes master data and config

Check the document

Regards

gajesh

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gajesh for doc link, earlier I missed out the view doc link in that page.

I will go through trhis and check in ides and if found ok, definetly you will be rewarded

If any doubt I will come back, thanks.

vineeth

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

let me check

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineeth

1) Dependent characteristic

For MIC 1000 - Vendor A specification 10 to 20, For Vendor B spec is 30 to 50

Suppose we receive 10 pc from vendor A , after GR inspection lot will be created from the 10 pc and the specification for MIC (1000) will be automaticaly assgined to the inspection lot ie 10 to 20. If the vendor was B then the specification would be 30 to 50.

In inspection lot there will be only one specificaton either it will be of Vendor A or that of B

2) In multiple specification is normaly used for Customer, country etc.

you have customer A , B , C & D with differnet specs for one single mic and you want to valuate the mic with all specification seperately at one time

In this multiple specification is used. here we can valuate the mic with all the specification of A, B , C & D and results in a seperate window in the result recording tab. accordingly you can check wehter the mic has passed as ok with all cusomter specification

Regards

Gajesh

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Gajesh,

Now I am clear with the concept. Now can you throw some light on how to do or customize multiple specification in SAP. What all are the basic steps and customization to be done for doing multiple specification.

Thx

Vineeth

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineeth

Dependent characteristic and Multiple specification are different. Dependent as you know is used when for one mic we have different specification and based on vendor or customer we choose it, but the valuation will be done in the inspection lot using a single specification .

But in multiple specification you can actualy valuate using each of the different specification for one MIC. please refer to the document below which will make everything clear for you

Link: [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/2004a166-0a75-2c10-0caf-dc63b76c68fe]

Regards

Gajesh

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Gajesh,

Thanks for your reply.

I am still not clear about valuation concept in dependant and multiple specifications.

Eg: In dependant char: For vendor A i maintained Fe with .02 - .06%

and for Vendor B I maintained Fe with .01 - .05%

in both cases above lot was valuated wrt Vendors.

Can you explain me with an example, what will happen in the case of multiple specification and also how to configure it. I am unable to find soem useful threads on multiple specifications.

Thanks and Regards

Vineeth Varghese

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

try this it may work

i think u have created a inspection plan for a material and vendor combination now again u go to QP02 and go to header detials then click on materiial assignment here u can enter different vendors for a same material ..

hope this helps u

Regards

Ramanujam

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vineeth

1) The only simple solution for this is to maintain 2 inspection plan. for the same material vendor wise. There is no other method

2) Multiple specification will not suit this. Multiple specification is used if you need to valuate particular test for different specification. for eg . you have a test X. for customer A it should go with a specification limit of 10 to 20 and for another customer it is 15 to 30

Multiple specification helps you in valuating the test X for both the specification limit so that you can see whether the mic has passed for both the customer

If you need more clarification please let me know

Regards

Gajesh

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nagesh,

So, is this multiple specification and dependant characteristics functionality in inspection plans are same or not? Please mention if there is a difference between two. I had worked with functionality of dependant characteristics, but never with multiple specifications. Thats y the confusion.

thx

vineeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This requirement can only be solved by using two inspection plans( one group & two gr counter)

as Fe specification will vary for A and B

Sujit

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Sujith,

Varying Fe specifications I think I can capture through depenedant characteristics in Indpection plan. But how will I maintain different parameters for 2 vendors in one inspection plan. How will be multiple specification useful to me. Can you explain use multiple specification. I am not exposed to functionality of multiple specifications.

Thanks and Regards,

Vineeth

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge do below way

first u have to create quality plan -group1-group counter ,next same plan u have to create new group counter at the specification time system ask gorup counter 01 or 02

like groupcounter 01 is X vendor

group counter 02 Y vendor

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have to maintain 1 inspection plan for 2 vendors for incoming inspection.

Eg: Vendor A & B

Vendor A, I have to check parameter Fe, Mn, Si

Vendor B, I have to check parameters Fe, Moisture (For B, no need to check Mn, Si ).

Can anyone suggest whats the way for doing inspection with a single inspection plan. In laymans language can anyone tell me what is multiple specification and how to use it in SAP.

Thanks and Regards

Vineeth