cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed bin for whole storage rack with multiple bins

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we manage a storage type with multiple bins as fixed bins for a single or multiple materials? My requirment is not to have a single bin as a fixed bin rather want to manage multiple bins as fixed bins for that material . is this scenario possible ? We have storage racks that contain multiple bins in each of rack.we want to replenish the whole rack of 9 bins with a single material . Is this possible with standard SAP ? Is that possible by not specifying the fixedbin in the material master, and by just providing the Max and Min quantities and the replenish qty in the master data.

Please leave your suggestions

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think that this is possible as the very nature of the expression 'fixed bin' relates to one bin and the system expects to see this in the material master.

You could try taking your rack of 9 bins and calling them One Bin with a max that equalt say 9 pallets and a minumum that equals say 2 pallets and the replenishment qty being 7 pallets.

This should work and if the 9 bins are represented as one in SAP then no other stock will attempt to go there.

SAP does not know that the bin you have specified as holding 9 pallets is actually 9 individual bins.

So 9 bins = A-01-01-1

material is 100 pieces per pallet

Max is 900

min is 200

replenishment qty is 700

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Frenchy,

I understand what you said, but what is the replenishment strategy " Immediate TO creation random bin management" for ?

My user wants to replenish the high rack area from an open storage.Suppose, the high rack has 9 locations(which we may want bring them as bins in SAP) .He wants to replenish the whole high rack with 2 materials and all the 9 bins have to be managed in SAP.How is that possible ? Even if we want to manage only one material in high rack as a fixed bin , how do we manage 9 bins for the same material as fixed bins?

Thanks for your time in advance.