cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Table in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am new to smartforms, I want to display the customer invoices in range. I want to display the invoice item details in a table format separated by vertical lines in columns. I have done this, but table format in main window is not fixed, it varies based on the line items. My user is asking to fix the table format. If I use template, when the items exeeds the first page, the remaining items are not displaying in the next page. Please give me some advice how to do this?

Thanks & Regards

Jagadish banala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

right click, create , table.

use this in main window, and put the next page as a copy of this page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

even I do the way the table size is vary, but I want to table size as fix in main window.

Please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards

Jagadish

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cant fix table size.

Did you try as i told.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I need to display the table with vlines and fixed format for each and every invoice.

If I use template, can display the line items if it exceeds the first page?

So Please suggest me how to do this step by step.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Jagadish

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

so you can do as suggested by me earlier,

create a secondary window with a blank template, give the border as reqd. by you, horizontal lines or vlines as you want.

Place this secondary window exactly behind the main window. let both windows overlap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karthik,

I fix the issue as you said, but now the problem is for a invoice I have 10 line items, in the first page it displays 5 line items. And I want to display the subtotal in each page, but here now the subtotal is calculating for first 6line items. I used no page break in table line while designing the table, because I am displaying the line items with long text. How to overcome this subtotals issue?

please suggest me.

Thanks & Regards

Jagadish banala

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a folder and put all line items in that folder and check the page protection checkbox on the folder.

after that this issue will be sorted, let me know if this works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

What I did is,

1. created a secondary window with the same size as main window and display just table format with vertical lines with a template, the template is empty, no data.

2. in main window I used loop to header table and under the loop I displayed items table, here I have not used subtotal, just I write program lines for sutotals while displaying the line items. Here for the table, line type I used no page break.

3. I used other window below main window and attached that to main window and in the window I used template to display the subtotals with 3 lines including tax and total.

Now the invoice is display with 15 line items in 3 pages.

in the first page its display 5 line items but the subtotal is coming for 6 line items.

Even I tried with footer also same problem ...

How to avoid that ?

Please suggest me .

Regards

Jagadish

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the loop where u are printing ur line items, put all the lines in a folder and tick the checkbox "page protection" in the folder properties.

Page protection will definately solve ur problem

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U cant use a template so u need to use only table and its height will depend on nthe no. of line items nothing can be done abt that.

but if ur user has asked you to fix table format, I assume that he want the table border to be fixed so for that what you can do is create a blank secondary window and give a border to it. and place it such a way that it overlaps main window, this way you would be able to show a fixed border as table border