cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Name Scheme

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am supporting an XI system and i need to modify a File Name Scheme. The scheme is named PO_SCHEME.xml and is identified through the File Access Parameters. Where do i go to adjust this PO_SCHEME.xml file?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check out ASMA's

Edited by: nc.rev on Oct 4, 2009 5:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

here is my scenario. in the file access parameters of my receiver communication channel we have a hard coded target directory, which is fine. the file name scheme portion of the configuration refers to an .xml file. The transmissions going through xi do result in files arriving in the correct directory which again is hard coded, however there is a business need to change the naming convention on these files.

i have been assuming.. and, maybe wrongly so, that if i can get my hands on the .xml which is named in the configuration as being the "file name scheme" that i would be able to adjust this .xml file in such a way as to change the naming convention.

so i am assuming that this .xml file exists physically out there some where and that there must be some means by which i can go adjust it as needed.

we are not using any variable substitution and the ASMA's on the receiver side are all checked.

so again my question is how do get to this .xml file and adjust it so that my the files arrive on the receiving end with my new naming logic.

does this make sense and is my assumption that the .xml file specified in the file name scheme is a physical file that i can go view and adjust a correct assumption?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>we are not using any variable substitution and the ASMA's on the receiver side are all checked.

Is there any limitations as on why you don't use these options. I believe ASMA would be easier for you to use.

>>so again my question is how do get to this .xml file and adjust it so that my the files arrive on the receiving end with my new >>naming logic

Other way is to use the OS command which could be specified in receiver channel. It could be a command line statement or sript that could be used to change the filenames.

>>does this make sense and is my assumption that the .xml file specified in the file name scheme is a physical file that i can go >>view and adjust a correct assumption?

The only option is to use OS command then, There is no such physical file created on PI server.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is your new naming convention logic?

Warm Regards,

Gouri

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is the file itself that I need to adjust. But I do not know how to get to it.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain end to end scenario? And at what point of scenario execution do you want this change?

Regards,

Prateek

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean that you just want to change the file name? If yes, then you do it in ID -> Communication channel. Or is it something else you are looking for?

Regards,

Prateek