Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lock mass users - approx 30 Thousand users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

We are in process of upgrade of our SAP systems, so our client requirement is to lock all the current users (approx 30 Thousand users). Is there any report or Tcode apart from SU10 which can help us to lock the bulk users at one go.

We tried to search in SDN but couldn't get much help

Thanks in Advance

Rupali S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A search on "mass lock" gave me this thread: , isn't that helpful?

7 REPLIES 7

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A search on "mass lock" gave me this thread: , isn't that helpful?

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

Yes I have gone through this thread & it was not helpful for me. Tcode EWZ5 doesn't exist in our CUA system. But will try in some more systems too

Regards

Rupali S

0 Kudos

> Tcode EWZ5 doesn't exist in our CUA system. But will try in some more systems too

I do not think you want to lock from the CUA, better do that locally, per system. The amount of idocs produced with such an action wil cause performance issues.

0 Kudos

What system is your CUA? As far as I can tell, EWZ5 is only available on ECC or R/3 boxes.

As Jurjen said, don't run it on your CUA master as it will cause Idoc issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have a saprouter between the client and server networks, then you can simply block them, even selectively.

Also consider that during such maintenance windows, there will also be background jobs running - possibly many of them...

In higher releases this construct has changed, but using network tools is still the better approach in my opinion.

Cheers,

Julius

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rupali,

if you really want to lock all users, you can consider using the command 'tp locksys <SID>' at operating system level.

As soon as a system is 'locked', no user except for SAP* and DDIC will be allowed to login to the system.

Users who are already logged in, will remain that state unless you end their sessions using TA SM04.

but this is really a low level funciton...

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupali,

if all users in same system u can lock mass users using transaction code EWZ5

have a try and reply back

cheers,

Sudhakar