cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sale area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all Experts,

Hi, I've defined and assigned sales area and would like to create customer master but the error messages pops up (sales area is not defined for the customer). However, i did assign the common dis. channel and common Div. also.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a common error we face, if we miss out on configuration in Transaction Code: VOR1 and VOR2 i.e for Define common Distribution Channel & Define common Division.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/CopyofSD+Configuration

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

COMMON DISTRIBTION CHANNELS is defined in the VOR1

COMMON DIVISION CHANNELS is defined in the VOR2.

And also you have to assign the reference sales organisation , Distribtion channel, and division

Reference sales organisation in OVAO

Reference Distribtion channel in OVAM

Reference division in OVAN

and assign SALES ORDER to the SALES AREA in the OVAZ transaction.

Now try to create after maintaining all these settings.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you assigned your Sales organization to the company code?If not pls assign it.

The path is:

SPRO>Enterprise structure>Assignment>Sales and Distribution>Assign sales organization to company code.

The T.Code is "OVX3".

Have you assigned your Distribution channel to the Sales organization?If not pls assign it.

The path is:

SPRO>Enterprise structure>Assignment>Sales and Distribution>Assign distribution channel to sales organization.

The T.Code is "OVXK".

Have you assigned your Division to the Sales organization?If not pls assign it.

The path is:

SPRO>Enterprise structure>Assignment>Sales and Distribution>Assign division to sales organization.

The T.Code is "OVXA".

Maintain the Common Distribution Channels and divisions in "VOR1" and "VOR2" T.Codes.

Did you set up sales area?If not pls do this.

The path is:

SPRO>Enterprise structure>Assignment>Sales and Distribution>Set up sales area.

Or use the T.Code "OVXG".

Save.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Thank you for the guidance. hmmm.... currently i am taking SAP SD course. i did assign all the thing that you mentioned. However, i

am doing my case study. i think something which is related to accounting is not maintained yet. Is there related to accounting data?

Thank you so much.

CJLew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CJLew

Might be for the account type, for which you are trying to create customer master, you have not assigned any sales area tab.

Goto

Logistics - General > Business Partner > Customers > Control > Define Account Groups and field selection for customers

Check your account type for sales area here.

If not assigned, goto T code OBD2 and do assign.

Try to create new customer.

try and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks all of you.

CJlew

Edited by: cjielew on Oct 5, 2009 7:55 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this sales area data is not assigned to your account group.

Goto T.Code "OBD2" or Use tha path:

SPRO>Logistics-General>Business Partner>Customers>Control-->Define Account Groups and Field Selection for Customers

Befor this just check whether the layouts are defined for sales area data or not.

The path for this is:

SPRO>Logistics-General>Business Partner>Customers>Create Tab Layouts-->Create Tab Layouts for Sales Area Data.

Or use the T.Code "BPMDSD".

If not define that tab layouts for sales area data.By default,In general these will be defined.

Next goto T.Code "OBD2".

Select your account group.

Click on "Sales data" in Field status.

Double click on any tab.

The fields will be opened.

Check whether all are surressed or not.If they are suppressed,then this tab will not be displayed for you.

Like this check for all other tabs.

Donot suppress tha field if you want to display that tab.

Regards,

Krishna.