cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage quality info not shown up in EWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , I am a newbie and in need of help with storage quality info-showing in the EWA for a R/3 system.

We applied the delta-upgrade of ST-PI (2008_1_620) & ST-A/PI (01L_R3_470) and everything ended successfully with the version shown up properly on the list. However, we still failed to have them shown in the report.

May I have some advise on this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sakurahuihui

What is the output of RTCCTOOL report now ?

Is 'Refresh Service definition task' scheduled in SDCCN in Remote system ?

Regards

Subbarao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbaro

As far as I could understand from the report, the delta-upgrades were successful.

And we are still using SDCC, which I am not sure has it been refreshed.

How to confirm whether it has been done?

But my senior said it is active already....morover, I didn't notice anything abt the remote system detail or "refresh..." kind of stmt.

However, there was sth on applying a Note, which we thought unnecessary coz it was for showing the security notes in the EWA.(Or we have to do it?)

Edited by: sakurahuihui on Oct 4, 2009 4:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check

Note 1305638 - Auxiliary storage quality information not in EWA

Pravin

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Dear

Configure SDCCN and implement the correction in the note 1305638

Check the section " 2. Implement a customer modification"

You need to make changes to ABAP code . You will be needing Developer access key and object key as well.

This wiill probably solve your issue.

Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pravin & Anindya,

I guess I may get sth I want from this note.

However, for confirmation only, I can just apply the Section 2 of note 1305638 remaining with SDCC, can't I?

Please advice as the customer seems reluctant to have it changed to SDCCN.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why your customer is reluctant on using more functionalities with no risk?

SDCC or SDCCN is not application dependent. There will be no problem in the application level or you can say SDCCN/SDCC is application independent. . SDCC/SDCCN are for collecting data from your system by SAP and then deliver you EWA report ehjich will be read by Basis and other techinical consultant.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/763561

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/861753

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yea Anindya

Actually the customer's systems are divided into 2, one with ECC and one with R/3.

Since the Storage Quality shown up in the ECC system in which the SDCC works well, the customer isn't convinced of the SDCC-> SDCCN change.

That's why, I have to find out

1) Does Note 1305638 works with SDCC?

(And, please pardon my layman questions)

2) For the part 2, Note 1305638 you had suggested, do I just apply the source code change at (D)? I come to understand that a,b and c are just the description.

3)I know the changes should be done on Object:SDF/RSORADLD_NEW with Form:Additional_Selects. But how do I reach this page? It says "in the manage system", but what it is?

4)And It has such a statement "you must make sure the selection does not terminate to prevent the entire EWA from terminating after the modification" in the note. What does it mean by terminate the selection????

Sorry for all these preliminary questions.

Thanks in advanced.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you have to change in the code of "/SDF/RSORADLD_NEW"

THis is possible in SDCC also. To access the code use transaction SE38 and enter the program name. As I said earlier , you will need DEVACCESS key and need to register the object in Service Marketplace. ( so you will need S user id as well). As a Basis consultant ( I assumed that) you might not have DEVACCESS key in your Development system. So I would suggest to take help from an ABAPer in your project. Code modification is very simple one . You just need to remove " before the OR statement in additional _selects.

Just follow part d.

After you changed the code in DEV system, capture the change in a Transport request and transport in to QAS and PRD.

But again, if you are not sure about code modification , please take help from ABAPer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

1 more question : I assume this have to be done in client 000 as well then? Or a independant client can do?

Will propose this solution to the customer and if I have any more questions (very likely), I will be back then.

Once again, thanks.

Edited by: sakurahuihui on Oct 6, 2009 11:02 AM

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No..In productive client.. Programs/Reports are not client dependent. Moreover, ideally people do not have DEVACCESS key and user ids in 000 client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for my ignorance ( in case you had seen my last post)

So by Productive Client, you mean 400?

Edited by: sakurahuihui on Oct 6, 2009 1:30 PM

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Suppose if you have 000,001, 066 and 400 Client. You can make changes in Client 400 if you have user id and devaccess key there.

As reports are client independent, if you change in client 400, that will be reflected in all other clients. After changing in DEV system , as I said earlier move that change to QAS and if you have EWA for QAS system , you can check in the next report if everything is fine there.

In absence of EWA , you can get the information about your table and Index storage quality directly from DATABASE ( oracle) by running simple SQL.

Check note 821687. There you will find the SQL to get the information about fragmented tables and for Index storage quality please use the below SQL.

Script to find fragmented indexes. Have to run from SAPDAT ( or shcema owner)

SELECT * FROM (

SELECT I.INDEX_NAME,

I.NUM_ROWS,

SUM(TC.AVG_COL_LEN + 1) + 7,

I.LEAF_BLOCKS,

ROUND((SUM(TC.AVG_COL_LEN + 1) + 7) *

I.NUM_ROWS / 1024, 0) KB_NEEDED,

ROUND(I.LEAF_BLOCKS *

(8079 - 23 * I.INI_TRANS) *

(1 - I.PCT_FREE / 100) /

1024, 0) KB_USED,

ROUND((SUM(TC.AVG_COL_LEN + 1) + 7) *

I.NUM_ROWS /

(I.LEAF_BLOCKS *

(8079 - 23 * I.INI_TRANS) *

(1 - I.PCT_FREE / 100)

) * 100, 0) IND_SQ

FROM SAPDAT.USER_INDEXES I,

USER_TAB_COLUMNS TC,

USER_IND_COLUMNS IC

WHERE I.INDEX_NAME = IC.INDEX_NAME AND

TC.TABLE_NAME = IC.TABLE_NAME AND

TC.COLUMN_NAME = IC.COLUMN_NAME AND

I.INDEX_TYPE = 'NORMAL' AND

I.LEAF_BLOCKS > 100 AND

I.NUM_ROWS > 100

GROUP BY I.NUM_ROWS,

I.LEAF_BLOCKS,

I.INDEX_NAME,

I.INI_TRANS,

I.PCT_FREE

ORDER BY 7)

WHERE ROWNUM <= 20 .............................> this will select top 20 indexs with bad storage quality