Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all!!!!!!!

i have made one ALV report , with one pushbutton on application toolbar , whenever tht is clicked , PAI event is triggered and another LIST is displayed .

This is performing as required .

Now user wants , whenevr report is being executed in background , with the main ALV display they want to generate spool for the LIST which will be triggered after clicking pushbutton on toolbar .

IS THIS POSSIBLE in BACKGROUND , when no PAI is possible

this is being made using CLASSES

Thanks in advance .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.. This is not possible in background. But you can do one thing.. you can create a sepearte program for another/second list and call that program and can create the spool in that program (everything will done in backgroud).

Regds,

Sandip

5 REPLIES 5

rahulkavuri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.. This is not possible in background. But you can do one thing.. you can create a sepearte program for another/second list and call that program and can create the spool in that program (everything will done in backgroud).

Regds,

Sandip

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can do one thing,

using sy-batch variable you can generate the spool for that list, with out taking help of pAI event. sy-batch = 'X' in background. check it based on that you can writ e the code to generate the spool for that list.

hope this is clear.

Regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whnever a report having list is run in background, spool will generate automatically. You can check in SP02 transaction for your user logon.

Or in SM37, give the program name and your user logon. You can see the spool list there.

If found useful, award points pls..

Regards,

Bharadwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

vijai how do i make spool explicitly in a program

i mean any FModule is available for this

thanks in advance .