cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ContentServer & DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currenlty working on DMS & Contnet Server. Having so many questions pl help me if you have any inputs.

1. created rep on DMS and with CSADMIN tool metioned storage location on content server

2. But I am not sure how exaclty this mechanism works

How & where excalty data will store in SAP DB which comes with content server.

Please i want to have clear Knowledge about this before we impliment

Please advice/send me if you have any documnets/note no which will help me to have good idea about this concept

Thanks

Subrahmanyam

e-mail id: subrahmanyeswara_nutakki@satyam.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check out the posts created by John Wesley. I replied to some of those and this will gove you some ideas what's going on.

If you have more / other question then, please post.

Regards,

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jochen,

Thanks for your inputs. As I am involved in our project as Basis(adminisration)consultant. I am worried about SAPDB how exaclty the data will store here, As our functional req is to store data(employee details) thrrough ECC 5.0 to the content server.

We installed Content server from CSADMIN t-code(Through ECC) created repository and the satus is showing green

But now how exaclty they can move data and how its going store in Content Server (SAP DB)

Please advice me and send me the links if you have which can help me for better understanding.

Thanks

subrahmanyeswara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

using the DMS it works about this way. You create a document using CV01N. This document has a document type (->customizing!), which is KPRO (Knowledge Provider) relevant. This means the original file(s) are stored in a content repository you created. When you check the files in, the system reads the content categories maintained with document area 'DMS' and displays them all. The content category points to the content repository which points to your server:port and DB instance. The system creates a unique key and transfers the file via SAPHTTP / SAPFTP from the local drive (network too) to the content server DB. What exactly happens on the DB, I don't know.

If you look at BAPI_DOCUMENT*, you will get a more technical view of it, you can get a pretty good idea what is going on in the background as long as it is ABAP.

I hope this is a little helpful.

Regards,

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Thank you so much, Its great input from you.

Subrahmanyeswra