cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement Types in the Delivey Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have some problems regarding the Movemnet types used in Outbound Delivery Documnet.

1. Can use the Transfer posting function in the delivery documnet. Becasue i want to transfer the Goods at the Post Goods Issue level to another Storage location.

How can i do this.

2. Can i have list of Movemnt types which i can do in the delivey Document Level.

Thanks

Uwanthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goods Issue is the process when you are moving the goods out of your Plant-Storage Location.

During this process the goods are no longer in the vicinity of the plant and is considered as despatched.

Can you please explain the basic need for your transfer posting ? Is your system Warehouse managed ?

Please confirm.

Regards,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll answer your questions according to the numbers you have given.

1 - You cannot do Transfer posting from your delivery document it self. You have to use MB1B or MIGO transactions to do transfer postings. So that's a 2 step process.

Else you have to use a user Exit to do the required functionality.

2 - NO,

Movement type assigned to the delivery is based on the "Schedule line Category" you used in the delivery document. You can see the movement type assigned to "Schedule line Category" in the transaction VOV6.

So you cannot change it there.

Based on the requirement you can assign the relevant movement type to the "Schedule line Category"

For example in case of "Return" you can move the stock to QM location or Block stock location, etc.

Best regards,

Anupa

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Becasue i want to transfer the Goods at the Post Goods Issue level

No this is not possible. First of all, from where to where you want to tranfer the stock. Is it storage location to storage location or plant to plant ?? Nevertheless, you can use MB1B

Incidentally, from SD point of view, movement types are being controlled through schedule line category. So if you want to check which movement type is assigned, first go to sale order and check what schedule line category is flowing. Next go to VOV6, select that schedule line category and see what movement type is assigned.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can use the Transfer posting function in the delivery document

No not possible

First of all Transfer posting is an MM process and outbound delivery is an SD process

Transfer posting means shifting from one head to another

That is Transfer the postings

Under one plant say plant no 1000 stock is shifted from one storage location A to another storage location B is an example of this

In SD outbound delivery we normally have the PGI that is goods issue and logically that is entirely different from Transfer posting

i want to transfer the Goods at the Post Goods Issue level to another Storage location.

I am not able to understand the meaning of this

Can you elaborate little more on what you want to do so that i can help you out

Can i have list of Movement types which i can do in the delivey Document Level.

Go to VOV6 and select any schedule line category and go to its details

Say CP and its details and in the Movement type field press F4

The list of options available are normally used in SD outbound delivery

That is the list of Movement types used in SD outbound delivery

It starts with 601 (I think so I dont have access to SAP right now )

Regards

Raja