Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Based on customer language my client want to display invoice smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have the requirement like this,

My client want to display invoice smart form based on the customer language.How to archive this requirement. Please can any one help me out.

I used SE transaction code also.(language in translation)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be achived by maintaining different smartforms for example form 1 english

form 2 german, make neccesary language translation for both the forms using standard text SO10 or maintain any database table with language key specific text and use if condition to extract data and to display in the forms.

and put condition in the driver program

Example

i.e. if SY-LANGU = 'DE' ( SAP login language)

print smartform 2 german.

else.

print smartform 1 english.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

If u don't mind can u explain me briefly. Because based on Customer language i have to display the invoice form in his language.

exactly my functional people don't know how many language my client required. Is it there any way to display invoice form dynamically in customers language.

Please help me regarding this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No you cant display the language dynamically without knowing how many languages are reqd.

the sap system doesnot maintain the translations, but you have to maintain them manually, so you must be knowing how many languages are reqd.

Maintain all language delendant texts as texmodules and call them in your smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In case if i know what are the languages my client required(list of language) . Where can i maintained all these languages.

Example : For german customer i want to display in german language how to do that .

for Netherlands customer i want to display in Netherlands language how it is possible. Is it required additional code for that. I am using sap standard program and modified sap smart form.

Please help in this case.

Thanks and regards,

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As i told create text modules for all the texts in your smartform, give the language as nast-spras, as nast structure ust be coming through your form interface.

if you want customer language and if kna1 data is coming in your form you can use kna1-spras as language key

the nast spras will act as a language key.

Now go to -> SE63->translation->other long texts-> forms and styles-> SSF

Now give your text module here and provide translation for all the languages reqd.

Make sure that the text modules whose translation u are giving are include in your CTS, as providing translation doesn;t ask for CTS so u need to add texts manually, if reqd.

Edited by: Kartik Tarla on Oct 5, 2009 12:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you cannot display the language dynamically without knowing the required languages.You can copy the forms into different languages and make neccesary language translation which are required and in the driver program put the condition.

example

selection screen

Invoice 00001 To 2000

Logic

IF Sy-langu = 'DE'.

call FM 'FORM1'

ELSE IF sy-langu = 'EN'.

call FM 'FORM2'.

ENDIF.

and also this forms must be viewed in the relevent SAP Login languages otherwise some of the special characters will not display.

Regards,

Anil

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

There is no need to call two seperate forms for displaying them in multiple languages,

according to your logic, if the customer wants form in say 5 languages then you would have to have 5 forms which is not a good way to do implement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

i created a text module and i called in a smartform. my text module name is ZLB_BIL_INV in this i gave some text and saved.

Its is displaying in my smarform in english . I translated my text module in se63 also. here source language is EN underthat target language is there but here /E nothing is there. here what to do ?

I logged in german language then also it is displaying in english only. Please help garding this . if u provide some contact no or mail id that will be help for me .

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can get my e-mail id from my business card.

What have you given as language key in the text module?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathik,

I gave text module language as English.

Thanks and Regards,

Naga

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to specify a dynamic language key so that it picks up the appropriate translation based on the key, try giving &nast-spras&

nast-spras will have the language with which output type is processed, if its not same as customer language, then try to check which stucture has customer language, do you have the kna1 data available in your smartform?

Edited by: Kartik Tarla on Oct 5, 2009 3:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I thought this would be different indiviual language specific smartforms, if same invoice to be displayed in different languages then can use standard objects to translate and display.

Regards,

Anil

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all , all your language specific texts should be text modules or include texts, no text elements must be there.

In the smartform, specify the language for all texts as nast-spras.

Now translate your text modules using SE63.

кu03B1ятu03B9к