cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Processing in PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am working on a Proxy to File scenario where Proxy would be sending the data to XI and File will be created, Data from the sender will be appending to the file till 6:00pm

On the sender File is having the Four different record structures,

Header1

Detail1

Detail2

Trailer1

Header only needs to be written one time at the time file creation, During the time frame 12:00am to 11:50 Detail Records needs to be appended to the file,

At the end of the day the trailer1 record needs to be written and Other CC will be pick up the file and send it to the Vendor,

How can I achive this, (Like one header at the begining of the day, and Footer at the end of the day,

Do I need to use a BPM to do this, Is there any other way to acive this without BPM

Thanks

PR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
How can I achive this, (Like one header at the begining of the day, and Footer at the end of the day,

For Header:

Since it will be created and sent at the begining of the message processing you can send it in the usual way....in the mapping just create the target structure resembling the header.

For Footer:

Since it is required to be send only at the end of the day.....Create it along the Header....in Receiver Determination have two receivers (one for Header.....one for Footer....Receiver/ location for Footer will be dummy not the one of the vendor).

Now this will create the Footer file at some location X.....now create another Sender Channel which will pick this Footer file at the end of the day (make use of Availability Time Planning).....and send it to the vendor at that time....

In the receiver file Channel the construction mode will be append.

Personally i wont suggest to use a BPM...why?....the BPM instance will keep on running for entire day....and it may not be a good approach....my take on your problem

If you find an optimizing solution for this problem, then do not forget to mention it here...it will help the community in future

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How would I control the header, The header will be created whenever there is a message from ECC, I am not clear about this, Can you please give idea in detail

Thanks

PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

This can not be done in XI and we have written script Outside of XI and deployed in the FTP server to add rge header and Footer records based on the detail

Thanks

PR

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey,

>Header only needs to be written one time at the time file creation, During the time frame 12:00am to 11:50 Detail Records needs to >be appended to the file,

I dout it , Let us see experts view

Cheers

Agasthuri