Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Adapter - FTP from PI to Mainframe - change dataset name

clinton_blankinship
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am attempting to ftp a file to our mainframe server using a file adapter with FTP transport protocol. I am able to successfully ftp the file there; however, it does not go into the requested dataset. Let me explain:

FTP account name: ABCD. When connecting via ftp the default starting point is the account name (ABCD). When PI puts the file to the mainframe the dataset name is copied as ABCD.LEVEL1.FILENAME.

However, we need to change levels to the top (above ABCD) and make the dataset name as LEVEL1.FILENAME.

I've searched for hours on SDN and haven't found a good explanation on how to do this and if it is even possible. Can someone provide some assistance?

Thanks,

Clinton

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

clinton_blankinship
Discoverer
0 Kudos

As a follow-up, our team was able to resolve the issue. In MVS dataset naming conventions (at least from a Unix client), you must enclose the absolute file pathname in single quotes, otherwise it will be interpreted as a relative file pathname; thatu2019s why files were written to 'ABCD.LEVEL1.FILENAME' under the home directory of the mainframe user id (ABCD). Also the directory/file name components cannot be more than 8 characters.

In our example, the target directory is 'LEVEL1' enclosed in single quotes and the filename is FILENAME without quotes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clinton,

Do you know how to give File Allocation parameters for the Mainframe FTP file creation ? We would like parameters coded in the modules processing section. However we wouldn't like to implement OS level scripting before and after the file creation.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you!

Amith Dharmasiri

clinton_blankinship
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Sorry, I'm not sure how to do that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clinton,

We actually found a way to do that. Please take a look at SAP Note : 1530149.

It explains how we can setup allocation parameters with "ftp.site" command.

That solved our problem.

Thank you.

Amith

Answers (0)