cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password change prompt is not coming when the user logs in to the esourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In the directory configuration we set the driver as 'local' and we were able to set up the users.

The users got automated mail with user id and passwod , but upon the initial login it is not prompting for change of pasword.

Could you please let me know whether this is the expected behaviour if configure 'local' user ids instead of LDAP?

Or is there any properties or system parameter we need to set to enable the password change?

Thanks

Arun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankush for your response.

SAP recommend LDAP driver, but the password change should work with local also. I am planning to contact SAP for getting this sorted out.

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was this issue resolved?we have the same issue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, this issue is not yet fixed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay.. the password prompt is not supported if LDAP is not configured....This is as per SAP's response to our message..

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Guys

Pls go to the password.properties file on the ES51 server and rewrite it with the new password that you want to set

Else the buyer can change this from the generate password option whilst using the local directory configuration

Regards

Tridip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ankush,

We already did all these steps, necessary check boxes enabled , cache refreshed , system restarted.

I never did any special configs for any sap applications for getting password prompt screen upon first login, I am not sure why this is not coming by default with CLM .

Is there any property to be set in the directory configuration?

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

There is no other property is to be set. except I mention in the link above.

~Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ankush,

The following checkboxes are already enabled:

Changeable Passwords

Expired Passwords

New Accounts

Browsing

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

Try to refresh cache.

~Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

Try to refresh cache.

~Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

In directory configuration check the "changable password" check box.

Which will enable ur change password option.

you may refer below link for more details about setting related to directory configuratiom

Regards

~Ankush