cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access control list (ACL) on simulation versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

When I create a new simulation version of a project in CJV4 there is no ACL (access control list) available. It this right or is it something wrong? According to me it should not be any differences if the project is operative or a simulation the access should remain as the operative project.

If you have some experiences about this do not hesitate to share it,

Best regards

Jose Marin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The simulation has no ACL this is SAP Standard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra Pal,

I do not know if ACL in simulation is standard SAP but what I know is that this do not work in projects created/transfered in t/kod CJV4 but if you create a simulation from scratch the ACL works!.

So maybe there is no answer if it is standard i SAP or not becacuse ACL works depending how I create the project version.

If I activate the ACL and give access to my project fellows is because I want only them to see and work with this project and there is no differeces if it is operative or a simulation. Because if you can see the simulation transfered from a operative project then you can see the values of your operative project and then the purpose having ACL will mean nothing.

Best regards

Jose Marin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel, if your concern is regarding:

> If I activate the ACL and give access to my project fellows is because I want only them to see and work with this project

then you can provide your user/ project people with authorization for Transaction code which are meant for display only, like CJV3. Or may be you can restrict further by selecting display option for the respective authorization objects with respect to appropriate transaction codes. You can find required authorization objects using SU24 transaction and also check with your basis person.

Regards

Avisek Bhardwaj

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i do not think activating ACL in simulation is standard SAP

logically also why would i need ACL on simulation - ACl should be on operative project and if I have acces to it then I should be able to use simulation functionality without ACL being on simulated version