Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Grid inline excel

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm convincved this question has been asked and answered but I can't find it:

My report creates an ALV grid using function REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY. I can use GUI status function &VEXCEL to start excel inline in the grid area. But I get an empty sheet with those many SAP standard tabs - no data are transfered.

As far as I remember this is a BASIS problem but neither our basis people nor I know how to cure this.

Any help is welcome!

Kind regards,

Clemens Li

6 REPLIES 6

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes that is not working.

Check this SAP note 548409. may be this will help .

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

sorry, doen't help. I used BCALV_BDS_IMPORT_SAP_TEMPLATE to reimport the templates from client 000 although they should be imported automatically on my release (640 unicode). Still I get the empty template in Excel. I remember this worked at another client.

Mybe someone knows.

regards,

Clemens

0 Kudos

Clemens,

This is an Excel security issue.

Open Excel and from the menu:

Tools > Macros... > Security...

Set the Security Level to Medium.

SAP uses VBA code to pass this info. In newer versions of Excel, the default security is set at High and the SAP code fails to pass the info.

0 Kudos

Hi John,

I found the sap note earlier. But this was not the reason in our system. We had 'security low' in our excel from begin on.

But it might help!

Regards,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

U got any solution... i m facing same problem. we are on ECC 5.0...Rich Heilman where r u??

Message was edited by: kaushal malavia

Message was edited by: kaushal malavia

0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, I'm late: I tried as described, logged off and on, and suddenly it worked - for all systems including the one I did not do anything. Looks like a WinXp bug.

Never again any problem.

Sorry, not really satifying - possibly Rich never had this!

Regards,

Clemens

Message was edited by: Clemens Li