cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport local-DC webdynpro bapi application to quality and production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have developed Webdynpro bapi(model-connected bapi through R/3) application in NWDS.

I have successfully deployed in development server.

I have connected model in WD using adaptive RFC model. I given the corresponding parameters to

connected through the bapi. Already Funcion modules(bapis in R/3) are transported into quality and production.

Username:<DEV R/3 Username>

Password:<DEV R/3 Password>

System:<DEV R/3 System>

client:<DEV R/3 client>

now i wanted this application to qulaity and production system. how to transport? I have assume

the following way

1. take the ear file and deploy in quality or production?

2. convert into ear files to SCa files and deploy in SDM?

3. while deploying quality and production reimport the bapi and given the above parameters

(Username,Password,System,client) for corresponding quality and production?

is above methods are correct? if wrong what is the procedure to transport WD-local DC bapi application

to Qulaity and production server.

my question is development quality and production Username,Password,System,client parameters are different?

how to tranport into quality and production?

give me your suggestions? If i am wrong correct me?

Regards,

P.Manivannan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can move EAR to other environments, JCO has to setup in each system to provide( User/Pass/Client etc..)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rahul,

Can you please explain in detail? if i take the ear file and deploy in quality and production it will work?

(whether need to change username,password,SID,client of the bapi in the model)

Regards,

Manivannan.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manivannan,

You have to perform "Creation JCo destination" in each environment:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/ConfigureSLDforJCoandCreationofJCoDestinations

When you deploy your Web Dynpro Java application, you'll see your new Jco entry in the list of available Jco (content administration -> Webdynpro -> Maintain Jco ) you should be in "Administrators" Group to be able to see this function.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hichem tlemsani ,

I have already created "JCO" for "quality" and "production" successfully.

My question is i deployed my application(webdynpro bapi) in development server successfully. using Development server JCO(R/3 Devlopment username,password,SID,client).

now i am going to deploy quality and production server.

If i going to deploy quality and production whether i need to change the username,password,SID,client in model(reimport) or directly i can going to deploy in quality and production?

Can you please tell me how the sytem will allows(R/3 Devlopment username,password,SID,client) while deploying quality and production server?

here i have developed local DC only not NWDI.

Regards,

Manivannan P

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well there is no relation between the System details like Username,Password you provide during model creation w.r.t JCo creation.

Generate the EAR file from your Dev system, deploy the EAR file to Q & P systems. It will create two JCos with name as WD_MODELDATA_DEST and WD_RFC_* or something similar. You need to configure these JCos in your Q & P systems with proper parameters like Client, Username, etc and the application should work correctly.

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please follow the below steps

1. Create a JCO in QA/Prod with the same name as Dev ...

2. Test JCO - successfull

3. Deploy EAR file into QA/Prod Environments

how to create JCo

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/ConfigureSLDforJCoandCreationofJCoDestinations

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manivannan,

As explained before, don't care about your initial connection's parameters, Just deploy your ear file in Q& P environment. After that configure your Jco destinations.

Let me know if it works?

Regards,

Hichem T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Problem solved.

I have changed j2ee engine parameters(window-preference)

I created JCO for quality and production successfully.

and deployed in quality and production. The application worked fine

Thanks for your suggestions

Regards,

Manivannan P

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manivannan,

Take look at [CTS+|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/ec25370fdc3481e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm] transport tool.

User, password, system, client are used for the first time you start developping into NWDS after that, Web Dynpro java application doesn't need them anymore, it used a JCO (XX_METADATA) and (XX_MODELDATA). Each Jco is transported automatically on QAL and PROD but you have to configure theme to meet corresponding Backend parameters.

For more information about JCO:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6f/1bd5c6a85b11d6b28500508b5d5211/content.htm

Best regards,

Edited by: hichem tlemsani on Oct 2, 2009 12:41 PM