Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitor communication channel error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing a proxy to file scenario.

In my scenario I have requirement that if there is a failure in placing the file in the target location then an alert has to be triggered.

For testing this I have given dummy host in receiver file adapter (FTP) and activated it.

When I triggered the interface, it still shows as successfully processed message in PI message monitoring, though the file is not placed in target location. I would expect that this should be shown as error. The error is shown only in the communication channel monitoring. So even the alert that I have configured do not work. Could you please provide some inputs on how to tackle this situation?

Thanks and regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

>>I would expect that this should be shown as error. The error is shown only in the communication channel monitoring. So even the alert that I have configured do not work.

Yes in moni this shoudl not throw any error as the channel was available and IE was able to send to AE.

try this for your problem

1. Run your scenario

2 got to slg11 and st22 transaction and see whether any error messages are there or not

Also check this note Note 1161961 - XI alerting: "CREATE_RFC_DEST_FAILED" in XI alert log

Regards

suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

If XI do not show the communication channel errors then how to handle the scenario?

How can any one sense that there is an error?

If it not shown as error in XI, then this wont even give us the possibility to re-send the message when the connectivity is establised later.

Experts: any inputs on this?

Thanks and regards,

Prasad

P.S: the transaction slg11 do not exist and there is no errors in ST22.

Edited by: Prasad MLN on Oct 2, 2009 5:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

What suraj means is error will be shown in Communication channel monitoring only but not in SXMB_MONITOR

screen as message is successfully passed to adapter engine from integration engine and adapter engine has failed to process as you already said host name is not correct

In this case what you need to check is for the alerts and also check whether the adapter engine message has stats fail

after this only you will receive alerts ,but cross check the configuration required for alerts is done and is proper

Troubleshoot the alert configurations if message status of CC channel is fail..

check the logs of alerts SLG11 ,alert queue ALRTDISP .. FixeRecipient has been configured .. and alert rule has been created in the Runtime workbench

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I could not execute SLG11 transaction as I get error that the transaction do not exist.

I see that there is some delay in the alert getting created. If I see the queue using ALRTDISP, there is time difference between alert triggered time stamp and time created. I now see old alerts in my alert inbox.

But mere triggering of alert will not be sufficient in real time business scenarios. In my scenario its proxy to file. The proxy will be triggered when a event occurs. Assume that the target ftp server is down and so the file will not be placed on ftp server. Still the message in SXI_Monitor will be shown as processed successfully. Once the ftp server is brought back, I will not have the possibility to resend the message from XI. Also I can not trigger the interface from SAP R/3 as it the trigger is related to event.

How to handle this?

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please give your inputs on how to handle this?

Thanks and regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Gneral flow will be like this

Sender AdapterEngine --> Integration Engine -->Receiver Adapter Engine

As your message failed at third step i.e at receiver adapter engine ...it will not shown an error in integration engine(SXMB_MONI) as the message is successfully passed to adapter engine from integraiton engine...

By default if message fails at adapter engine it will retires 3 times after period of 5 minutes...automatically

And finally if all retries fails then message status will be set to failed and an alert will be triggered when the manual intervention is required to analyse the problem..

If you feels that the error is resolved and needs to resend the message again which can be done from MessagingSystem of the adapter*http://host:port/MessagingSystem/)

Hope this clears you

Rajesh

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

SLG11 was a typo, it shoudl have been slg1

>>Assume that the target ftp server is down and so the file will not be placed on ftp server. Still the message in SXI_Monitor will be shown as processed successfully.

Yes it will be shown as success in SXMB_MONI. But still the communication channel log will throw error

>>Once the ftp server is brought back, I will not have the possibility to resend the message from XI.

You can resend the messages in adapter monitoring. Do like this

RWB->Message Monitoring->Choose messages from component. Do a filter and select the message, you havea option to resend it

It is also mentioned in

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/45/c9c6c57e745708e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

What alert rule have you defined?

Try putting * for reciver side while defining rule.

Regards,

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

I gave * in receiver parameters of the alert configuration. But still it did not work.

Thanks and regards,

Prasad

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that in Alert Configuration in RWB, you have No Restriction for the type of Errors.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

I already have 'No Restriction' in the alert configuration. But still I do not get any alerts.

Regards,

Prasad