cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TLB is not considering the Pull-in Horizon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

When I am running the TLB interactively, I notice the the Pull-in Horizon is not being considered. TLB builds the

load taking into consideration the Deployment orders valid for the TLB run horizon only and ignores the pull-in

horizon during which there are valid deployment orders.

In doing so the minimum value that I have maintained for the Floorspot parameter is being ignored. I am using the three

parameters of VOLUME, WEIGHT AND FLOORSPOT with the following min and max values.

VOLUME >= 0, <= 100

WEIGHT >= 0, <= 40

FLOORSPOT >= 33, <= 34

I have checked that TLB is not hitting the Maximum limits by taking the Pull-in horzion in consideration. I have a Rule

Relationship of "1" - "OR" for lower limits and "AND" for the higher limits. Also, I have defined a TLB Basic Settings

profile and am letting the system use the default values.

Is there something that I need to change (in TLB profile, TLB Basic settings etc.) to have the system consider the Pull-in

Horzion for the load building.

Thanks,

Ratnam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ratnam

the system will use pull in horizon only when it tries to upsize a shipping to form a truck load.

For the same purpose i asked you to maintain the flag of upsize to maximum.

Even if you are not doing that the way you have defined your TLB profile if stocks are available looks like it will convert all the deployment into TLB since u have only a higher limit restriction and the lower parameters are connected by or relationship.

Upsizing is always performed for remaining deployed quantities.

Looking at the rule i think you want the TLB to be of 33 or 34 pallets whose vol and wt should lie in the range defined.

You might be getting an error because when the system is reaching 33 or 34 pallets it might be going over the weight or volume maximum limit.

- Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Virender,

Sorry for the typo in my initial message. I am not using a TLB Basic Settings profile. I am letting the system use the

default values. So, I don't have the parameter "Upsizing to Maximum" checked on since I am ok if the load is built between

the lower and upper limits.

When I changed it to the "AND" rule for the lower limits, I am getting an error message stating "All bounds exceeded without

finding valid load using TLB profile ...".

Why do you think the rule should have a "AND" linking of the lower limits for the parameters for TLB to consider the Pull-in Horizon?

Thanks,

Ratnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnam,

In your case you should definitively use a "and logic for lower limit.

Else - bacause your weight is 0 - your lower limit 33 pallets is ignored! (fullfilling only 1 of the 3 conditions would be enough with "or")

The error message you get is because there is no feasible solution to your problem... With your current data the TLB can't create a truck between 33 and 34.

Try to have a smaller rounding value or give mor eflexibilty (e.g 31 to 34) to see if it helps.

Also in TLB customising try upsizing method "by rounding value"

Kind regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ratnam

In the genral TLB settings check if there is a check mark on maximize truck load ( dont remember the exact words)

secondly try maintainng the rule like (1 and 2 and 3)

1.VOLUME >= 0, <= 100

2.WEIGHT >= 0, <= 40

3.FLOORSPOT >= 33, <= 34

do let me know if the above settings solve ur problem

- Regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Virender,

I checked the stock of the materials, there is enough. So no issue with the stock or availability at the source location.

Thanks,

Ratnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ratnam

check the rceipts availabe at the day when u think deployed quantity from future days has to be pulled and

converted to tlb. When TLB is pulling deployed quantities from future is also checks the amount of receipts available with it by that day. Try increaing the stock level to a quite high amount and then take tlb if it pulls or not.

-Regards

Virender