cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File Adapter: Picking of Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where in my file adapter has to pick files from a FTP server after 10 minutes of its creaion on the FTP server. Some application will place file on this FTP server exactly after 10 minutes of its creation on this FTP server only it should be picked by the sender File Adapter. Is there any way to achieve this? Please provide me your thoughts on resolving this.

Thanks,

Vijay Kumar T.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I have a requirement where in my file adapter has to pick files from a FTP server after 10 minutes of its creaion on the FTP server. Some application will place file on this FTP server exactly after 10 minutes of its creation on this FTP server only it should be picked by the sender File Adapter. Is there any way to achieve this? Please provide me your thoughts on resolving this.

>

> Thanks,

> Vijay Kumar T.

as mentioned by suraj, the ideal way is to have a spearate folder where the files will be moved after the 10 minutes of its creation.

PI/XI will poll this folder and pick files.

out of curiosity, can i know why there is such a requirement of 10 min?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You can try this. Let the FTP put the file, write a batch program which will check for the time of creation of file and then after 10min it will move it to the desired XI folder.

Unfortunately the wait for modification option doesn't work with FTP adapter

Regards

Suraj

Ben_B
Explorer
0 Kudos

In the file adapter go to the advanced tab, check the advanced mode check box, and enter 3600000 (36000 seconds) in the Msecs to Wait Before Modification Check text box. This will force the comm channel to wait 10 minutes after the file has been last modified before it picks it up.