cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning a new class to a material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to change the batch class of a material but when I try to do that it doesnt allow me saying -"The class allocation from another object has been copied to this object. For example, in batch classification, a material and batches of the material can only have the same class allocation."

What does this mean ? Kindly let me know.Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As you trying to change the batch class of a material , so check wheather for that material type which class has been assigned.If you want to change the batch class of a material you can check in the Batch management configuration in SPRO->Logistics general->Batch Management

But it is advised to use the standard batch classes of the material only

Regards

Srinath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must be having Batch stocks of that material in your plant. When batches are created, the class that you assign to the material gets copied in the Batch master and the characteristics has values.

So now if you change the class in the material master, the batch class/char that already exists would not be in sync with the class in the material.

Hence, system would not allow you to change class. You have to remove all existing stocks of the material and then only you can change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.My problem is solved.