cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport request after upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts

We are planning to apply EhP 3. There are some requests in DEV that we plan to transport later on. Some analysts say that this will be a problem, because the request was created in a version and will be transported to QA and PRD in the new version (EhP 3).

We are concerned about a special one, which carries a new plant, and we can´t transport it to PRD untill November.

What is the reccomendation in this case? Have some of you people faced this situation?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We are planning to apply EhP 3. There are some requests in DEV that we plan to transport later on. Some analysts say that this will be a problem, because the request was created in a version and will be transported to QA and PRD in the new version (EhP 3).

We are concerned about a special one, which carries a new plant, and we can´t transport it to PRD untill November.

First before starting EHP3 upgrade, you have to release all transports in your dev environment because it can conflict objects during upgrade.

Second its true. It is not recommended to transport between systems having different release. Since when u have made changes system was on lower release and when you transport it system will be on higher release.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Adriano

It is important to understand what is contained in the transport request. Based on this you can decide the course of action to take

It is not always essential to release all open transport request before a support pack or EHP application.

I would normally relase a request if it contains a repair to SAP object

In your case since it just contains config - i would not really bother about it

You would anyways do a test when you move this request to your QA system later on

Naushad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again.

Does any of you have documentation about this issue?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check Page 9 of

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001166742007E

Section - Implementation across the landscape

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer.

I understood that we need to release all requests. The point is that the main issue is a configuration (creation of a new plant - a big request).

So we consider 2 options

1) transport the request to PRD before EhP3 upgrade

2) Upgrade to EhP3 and then verify what happens when the request is transported to QA

Is there any other left?

Regards

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would say transport the changes before EHP3 upgrade. But if you want to transport after EHP3 then you have to take care as objects might be under different version, so conflict can occur.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before applying EHP3, you'll need to release any transports. Once upgraded the best option would be to ask the developers to re-do the changes you want to transport (on the already upgraded DEV) and then transport that new transport. That's how I would go about it and that's the way I do it for eg for 4.6 to ecc upgrades.

Hope this helps

Pedro