Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate VICS BOL Number in User Exit For Delivery

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been asked to automatically generate a BOL for a delivery based the Voluntary Interindustry Commerce Solutions (VICS) Association specifications. However, I am having a difficult time finding the correct user exit in the delivery process.

Can any of you SD gurus point me in the right direction?

Regards, Dean.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with any of the following delivery user exits

1) V50S0001

2) MV50AFZ1

On the other hand, if the above is not meeting your requirement, then go to TCode CMOD --> Utilities. There give VL and TCode VL01N and execute. You will get all delivery related user exits.

Incidentally, in this forum, all these years, only Indians used the word "guru" and I understand the iimpact how it creates globally )

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

dean_hinson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I found the exit I needed EXIT_SAPLV56U_004. I was wrong about needing the exit for delivery, the requirement is the shipment.

With that said, I think I am on the right path but I was hoping that there was someone who has implemented the VICS Bill of Lading in SAP. I found that the Handling Units -> External Identification seems to have all of the foundation for generating the BOL per the VICS specification. However, there has been concern that if that was done, that something could cause an issue with Handling Units. Which we are using to generate labels for shipments.

So, has anyone used the Handling Units->External Identification for VICS Bill Of Lading generation? If so, anything I should be concerned about?

Regards, Dean.