Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profama invoice process for Revenue Recognition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Experts,

May i know how to map in SAP Profarma invoice for Revenue recognition. I have go through SDN but i could find information regareding Profarma invoice process and revenue recognition process.

But i did not find any thing related to this topic. Can anybody suggest me how to map this scenario.

Thank you

Chaithra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Venkat,

Thanks for your link. Can you please give me an idea from FI point of view how to map

Thank you

Chaithra

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Need to assign Pricing procedure to billing types( Profarma Billing Type) and also check whether Item category is related to pricing.

Regards

Ajit K Singh

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

kindly refer to the OSS NOTE: 779365. And you can also refer to this link below for reference.

[LINK|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/59/aff239d85c11d199d60000e8a5bd28/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Sarthak

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I fail to understand the complication in this. Revenue recognition firstly i have seen mainly for Service items where we sell upfront but costs incurred later and in such cases there should not be any Profroma invoice.

If we have Rev Rec for physical items, then proforma is needed and since proforma does not post anything, it does not matter what Rev Rec liens are for these. Proforma should be created immediately after GI so that the proforma document can go along with the goods.

Let me know if i am oversimplifying things.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Arijeet,

Thanks alot for your explanation. I would like to know how we can map when some one wants to use Proforma invoice proecess for revenue recognition. Basically i am from Finance . But this take is given to me to work. So can you please suggest me how to work on this process.

I dont want underestand the following things.

1. As we know the proforma invoice does not create any account document how can we get the revenue recognition

2. your explantion really helped me to understand but can u please explain how to map it in the SAP

Can you please gvie me an idea about it

Thanks in advance for you time

Thank you

Chaithra