cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Trade data Configuration (commodity code, legal categorization)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have the following scenario/issue:

1. Orders (OR) created for Argentina country (goods coming from US to Argentina, not intercompany) are getting the commodity code printed on the invoice which the business doesn't want to happen. Researching the problem I figured out the commodity code is somehow automatically added for each item during the delivery creation (I confirmed it's not being included manually).

2. Orders (OR) created for Mexico country (goods coming from US to Mexico, not intercompany, same origin plant as the above scenario) are NOT getting the commidity code printed on the invoice which the business DOES want to happen. Researching the problem I figured out the commodity code IS NOT being added for each item during the delivery creation.

A workaround is in place on the business as I noticed both can be done manually: include or exclude commodity code.

However, I'm looking for some guidance on how to configure the system to STOP including the commodity code on the Delivery Document for Argentina and START including this code on the Delivery document for Mexico. What is happening actually is exactly the opposite but I couldn't figure out how the system is making it happen.

Both Orders for Argentina and Mexico contain some similar items (material) which are coming from the same plan in the US. Verifying material master data I can see the material has the commodity code there. This is the code that is being brought to the delivery document for Argentina and somehow not being brought for Mexico.

Please let me know if any additional info is required for you guys to help me. I'd appreciate if some guidance could be provided.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

You can do two things. 1) Check how commodity code is copied from Material Master to Delivery document like text determination and check why it copying to Argentina only and not for Mexico.

2) With help of developer debug SAP Form use to print those documents.

I hope this will help you.

Regards

Nagendra P Boggarapu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

You can do two things. 1) Check how commodity code is copied from Material Master to Delivery document like text determination and check why it copying to Argentina only and not for Mexico.

2) With help of developer debug SAP Form use to print those documents.

I hope this will help you.

Regards

Nagendra P Boggarapu