Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass User Password Change in CUA Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a list of around 1000 existing users whose password need to be changed in different systems(selective).For example if user is having access to 20 systems his password need to be changes in just 2 systems. All the systems are connected to one Central system.

I agree for user creation/role assignment in CUA landscape is possible through Ecatt. But password change in CUA landscape doesn't seems to work with ecatt as there are multiple systems to select.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I have a list of around 1000 existing users whose password need to be changed in different systems(selective).For example if user is having access to 20 systems his password need to be changes in just 2 systems. All the systems are connected to one Central system.

>

> I agree for user creation/role assignment in CUA landscape is possible through Ecatt. But password change in CUA landscape doesn't seems to work with ecatt as there are multiple systems to select.

I agree but not because of the "multiple systems to select" but the lack of a consistent pattern that you stated in your example.

-John N.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I have a list of around 1000 existing users whose password need to be changed in different systems(selective).For example if user is having access to 20 systems his password need to be changes in just 2 systems. All the systems are connected to one Central system.

>

> I agree for user creation/role assignment in CUA landscape is possible through Ecatt. But password change in CUA landscape doesn't seems to work with ecatt as there are multiple systems to select.

I agree but not because of the "multiple systems to select" but the lack of a consistent pattern that you stated in your example.

-John N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

For your scenario the password reset is not possible in CUA unless done manually.

You need to first sort the list of users as per system.

Now create a script or LSMW or ECATT for individual system and run the script to change the password on individual system.

It will solve your issue.

Warm Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

My motive was to make one script that includes every thing, but this is not possible and bit of manual work is required. So we have to live with it

0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

You may please go through the following link which provides a way for managing custom scenarios involving mass user creation/role assignment/password reset etc. in CUA landscape. by using BAPIs

/people/community.user/blog/2008/07/14/mass-user-creation-using-bapis

Best Regards,

Prashant