cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc xml to idoc flat file conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts,

I have the following question: What are the possibilities to convert an idoc from xml format to flat file format (original idoc format).

I have the following scenario: I receive an idoc with pi (pi 7.11) and want to send it to an external partner per ftp. but i want to send the idoc in the original format (flat file) and not in the idoc xml structure. In this scenario it is not possible to generate a flat file from sending sap system and use pi only for sending (file-to-file) to external partner, because the external partner have a specific filename convention. For this filename convention I need a message mapping to set dynamic attributes for the sending file adapter.

How is it possible to convert the idoc xml structure into a flat file structure? are there moduls that a can use in the receiver communication channel?

thanks and best regards

Christopher Kühn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, fortunately you have module option

/people/william.li/blog/2009/04/01/how-to-use-user-module-for-conversion-of-idoc-messages-between-flat-and-xml-formats

Other option could be doing abap mapping in XI.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prateek,

thanks for your answer. This was very helpful.

best regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you seen this: [How Tou2026Convert an IDoc-XML structure to a flat file and vice versa in XI 3.0|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/46759682-0401-0010-1791-bd1972bc0b8a&overridelayout=true]?

/Jakub