cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically Download an image in VC at runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VC Gurus,

Here's the need: At runtime, my client wants their users to choose an image available thru windows explorer (local or network) and display that image in a VC form (via a UI image control) or an HTML view.

So, they have to be able to browse their Windows file systems (or KM repository thru webdav or native KM), and be able to download the image in VC or at least to be able to return to VC the chosen windows (or KM) path and filename. I didn't find a KM Web services to do that nor did I found a VC action to be able to let the user fill the VC Image manager and dynamically assign the image to an image UI control. Any suggestion or answer might help.

Thansk a lot from a fellow VC developper.

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

IN HTML view you can access website where images are there. You can show these images dynamically.

Is this what you are looking for? Explain your requirement in detail.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

First of all thank you for taking the time to answer my question, I deeply appreciated it.

The problem is not showing the image, I have already done it using KM as my image server.

Here's the requirement: the user need to select an image from its PC , located either locally (C,D drives) or on the network drives.

Here's the problem I want to give them a Browse... button on their VC application the same way that a KM iview will allows the user to browse their PC and bring back the path of the choosen file (image in this case) and be able to dowload the image either in KM or directly in VC image manager. Once I have the network path I can use HTML view.

So again they must be able from VC to browse their Windows files systems.

Thanks you

Vincent