cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS2: Synchronous MDN request but no synchronous interface possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

in our AS2 scenario with the Seeburger Adapter we request the MDN synchronously and we also would like to use a synchronous interface for this.

But obvisouly this is not possible as you have to create a separate sender communication channel for reports and a sender agreement (where I have to use an outbound or abs interface).

Is there really no way to use a synchronous interface for that scenario as we need to get the response back synchronously for handling in integration server.

Thank you for your advice!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you receive a negative MDN the AS2 communication will fail - will that be sufficient ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Negative MDN would be ok. However our partner does not send one and we still need to handle errors that could occur before the message is sent out (e.g. XSD validation errors).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Errors that occur before the message is sent out will cause an exception to be thrown.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that, but an exception is not thrown to trigger the expection branch in case you use an asynchronous interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that, but an exception is not thrown to trigger the expection branch in case you use an asynchronous interface.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With sync MDN usage, you are receiving MDN in sync manner only. The simple technical proof is that there is nothing to be configured at the receiver end when you use sync MDN option.

Now the sender channel and agreement you mentioned is required only to treat this MDN as a separate message in PI. Using these objects does not mean that your MDN response is not sync.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

but the problem ist that I would like to use a sync interface in PI too as I have to handle potential errors immediately in PI. Furthermore the message should be tied to the original message and so the sender should use a sync interface where the response message is the MDN.

Actually this seems not to be possible as the MDN arrives in PI as a separate message and not as response of a synchronous interface.

Any possibility to change this?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>> so the sender should use a sync interface where the response message is the MDN.

This is not possible.

MDN is a type of acknowledgement message and not an actual response. What is the business requirement which does not get fulfilled with current setup?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The business requirement is, that we use a receiver proxy to be sent to the sender SAP system, so that the end user is notified as soon as the MDN was received succesully.

So basically my idea was to use a synchronous send step in the integration process and then call a proxy when we have received the MDN.

Furthermore the SAP sender wants to be notified in case there was a transmission problem and this can only be handled automatically with a synchronous interface.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So basically my idea was to use a synchronous send step in the integration process and then call a proxy when we have received the MDN.

Even when you use sync MDN with report protocol, you can send message to Integration Engine and process further. You should be able to use this message in BPM also and then it could be sent to receiver proxy.

the SAP sender wants to be notified in case there was a transmission problem and this can only be handled automatically with a synchronous interface.

If you are already using BPM in your scenario, then use of sync scenario is no longer a limitation. You can try correlating the MDN with the AS2 request message.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

well actually the problem also ist that in case transmission or XSD validation fails automatic error handling would not work in BPM using an asynchronous interface. That is another reason why we would like to use an synchronous interface for AS2 / MDN communication. If transmission fails of course we would not even get back an MDN.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I am still not convinced with the requirement of Sync scenario. I hope you realize that you cannot restart a sync message if it fails during transmission to the receiver system. I believe almost all you can achieve with sync case should be possible with BPM in some way or other.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes, I know that the message cannot be restarted, but all resends are planned to be done from the sender system.

Problem with error handling is that when an asynchronous send step is configured the error is "transient" and the message can be restarted and therefore the error branch is not executed. The error branch is only executed after the message is cancelled manually (so that the error is "final" ).

I know that the normally the MDN is just an ack and no business response but requirements are very strict and end users definitely want to be informed directly in case of errors.