cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII System Identifier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a global parameter that holds MII system id and which can be used in a BLS transaction?

Thanks,

Chanti.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chanti,

in 12.0 the Session Properties List only reveals the used IP adress of the machine (property "Machine"). I used to build my own global property "SID" which I populate with the system id of the server and which I can then use in BLTs.

Maybe anyone using 12.1 can tell if there are new Session Properties to use?

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

IP address is no good for our scenario. How would you go about creating a global parameter for SID? Appreciate it.

Chanti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chanti,

I am thinking that possibly you could create a Custom Attribute and map it to all the Roles. Then, if "Autobind" is turned on for the XacuteConnector, you need only to create a transaction property with the same name. For example, if the Custom Attribute is named "SID", then create a transaction property called "SID" and the value will be automatically linked in from the user session. Hope this is helpful!

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Edited by: Diana Hoppe on Oct 1, 2009 1:05 PM

Edited by: Diana Hoppe on Oct 1, 2009 1:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chanti,

you can create and edit global parameters in the MII workbench, when you edit a transaction. From the menu, choose "Global", then you will get a popup just like you were editing Transaction or Local parameters. Global parameters are known to all transactions no matter where you have defined them, and can be used just like any other parameters.

See also [Properties for Transactions|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_xmii120/helpdata/en/46/1c82f9be635872e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm]

We use a parameter named "SID" which contains the system id of the MII system.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

My question is how can I obtain the SID of the server (I believe a 3 character identifier) and not the IP address of the machine. The URL should also work for my case. Appreciate it.

Chanti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chanti,

there is no way to retrieve it with a URL. However, it is a one time effort to define a global parameter or a user/role based parameter Diana has proposed. I think this may help you out.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not good. Well, does anyone know if its possible in 12.1 v?

Chanti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will just need to create a jsp page in you web folder with the following code and then you call it in a transaction with HTTP post action block.

<%@  page import="java.net.InetAddress" %>
<% InetAddress ia = InetAddress.getLocalHost(); %>
<html>
<body>
<%= ia %>
</body>
</html>

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not quite so. This one gives the machine name and ip address. I need either the url or sid. What are other relevant functions that I could use...getSystem()?

Chanti.

Answers (0)