cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to close a Window?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Being not much experienced, i have few simple basic questions needs your help to solve.... Thanks....

1) How to close a window.

Requirement: I created a form in my view which has a button. What i want is if i press the button it should close the iView.

2) In my view, I created a menu bar having 2 menus & each menu has 2 menu items.

Requirement: I want to have only one method/ action name (say: 'Go') for all the menu items. So once we click on any menu item, it should display the name of menu item i clicked.

3) In our exception coding, we find "e.printStackTrace()", where can we find this value?

4) I created my own model data & metadata for creating RFC & that works fine. But problem is i m not getting model/metadata in dropdown list while creating RFC, i m getting only default Model data & MetaData.

Requirement: How can i get my Modeldata/metada in the dropdown list?

5) While creating a Portal User through WebDynpro, i am getting the following error, how can i solve it.

"No data source feels responsible for principal. Please check the data source configuration!"

Appreciate for your help!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harpal,

1) How to close a window.

Requirement: I created a form in my view which has a button. What i want is if i press the button it should close the iView.

--->This can be done while on action of button for the form you have craeted ,you can use parent.parent.location = your portal address so that it will close the current iview.

2) In my view, I created a menu bar having 2 menus & each menu has 2 menu items.

Requirement: I want to have only one method/ action name (say: 'Go') for all the menu items. So once we click on any menu item, it should display the name of menu item i clicked.

--->This can be done if the menu bar what you have created is made by using par file. If not you can use the par file to create the hover where the menu bar will be coming and you can incorporate the breadcrumbs in the hover itself so that whenever you will be clicking the menu or submenu it will be reflected. You can use the standard hover par file provided by SAP and customize according to you.

3) In our exception coding, we find "e.printStackTrace()", where can we find this value?

--->it will print the stack trace but you use it in exception message using message manager and enclose this statement in it.

4) I created my own model data & metadata for creating RFC & that works fine. But problem is i m not getting model/metadata in dropdown list while creating RFC, i m getting only default Model data & MetaData.

Requirement: How can i get my Modeldata/metada in the dropdown list?

--->what exactly you want in drop down list.I am not able to understand why you want modeldata/metadata in drop down

5) While creating a Portal User through WebDynpro, i am getting the following error, how can i solve it.

"No data source feels responsible for principal. Please check the data source configuration!"

--->check your jco connections once.

Regards,

Anupama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anupama for your replies....

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christiansche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

4) I have never seen that the NWDS shows anything else in this dropdown than the default values. but you can type in your self created connection. the model will use this.

best regards,

christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding the closing window, you can destroy the window instance. You can view the error stack trace in corresponding server's log trace files. And about the loading RFCS into Dropdown, could you please elaborate more? also or other requirements too

Kind regards,

Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saravanan...