cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages in Message Monitoring are being deleted?

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks!

I'm facing a strage situation in our PI PRD system.

When I have to search for a message in the RWB Message Monitoring, sometimes happens that I got a specific message with its message ID, and then.. i look for it an hour later and the message isn't found anymore.. as it is being deleted or something.. the fact is I lose some messages there..

Does anybody know where can I find something about this? or where to look if they are being deleted?

Thanx in advance!

Juan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Juan

What is the Quality of Service of the message?

Synchronous Message Processing (BE)

The message is only persisted by the Integration Engine in case of error (as an error version). Once a message has been processed in the target system it performs an implicit database commit.

Quality of Service

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/41/b714fe5ffc11d5b3ea0050da403d6a/content.htm

If you have configured Archiving and Deletion, check the link below:

Defining Interfaces and Retention Periods for Archiving

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/41/b715015ffc11d5b3ea0050da403d6a/content.htm

Regards

Mark

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response, I'm gonna tell this to the basis guys to see what is.

Rgds,

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Messages are not stored on java stack (message monitoring),they are only cached there,ABAP stack stores the messages.

there is a parameter in Visual admin which tells for for how long the Java stack should cache the message,after that its removed from cached memory.

Thanks

Aamir

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is your messages being archived?

if so you will have to check them in your archived messages

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VJ,

When I tried to display de Messages from the Archive selection it throws an error:

Cannot read archived messages; reason: Reading Messages from Archive failed. Reason: com.sap.archtech.archconn.exceptions.ArchServiceException: Could not check index. Reason: 401:Unauthorized.

I don't know if it's an authorization issue exactly, because I tried it with PISUPER and J2EE_ADMIN user.

Thanks,