SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-U EDM Basics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are in the process of implementing IS-U EDM and had a few questions specific to importing interval data into SAP for both EDM.

1) What is unit of measure of the interval data being imported?

2) What interval lengths (5 minute, 15, 30 60) are supported?

3) Can the interval data be framed (into On Peak, Off Peak, Shoulder) before being imported into SAP?

4) What are file formats/specs?

Thank you very much.

Prem

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

UOM of interval data can be kWh, kW, Price, temperature, factors etc

Interval length of a profile can be 5, 10, 15, 30 and 60 minutes

3) Can the interval data be framed (into On Peak, Off Peak, Shoulder) before being imported into SAP?

Time of Use rates can be classified as on peak , off peak, mid peak etc

To import profile values following file formats are supported:

ASCII, Binary, DBASE format, Spreadsheet, DAT and I believe it also supports ASCII with IBM conversion

0 Kudos

Hi Sai Sridhar,

For the first question.. Can Metering units be imported to SAP like in Device management for meters ? KWH is after applying Billing Factor to Metering Units...

Secondly, Could you help me in sending a sample file to prem.lakshmansingh_at_uinet.com or attach/copy it in this message.

Thanks

Prem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prem,

help.sap.com is pretty helpful. The whole section of Energy Data Management gives tons of information about profile mgt,

profile calculation and RTP-Billing. It also has links to more further information and forwards you to right configuration node with even more examples.

Hope this helps, Tom

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends on what you want to import. Let the header of the profile for which you are importing data is indeed the same unit of measurement.

Standard: 5, 10, 15, 30, 60 and 1 days.

I don't understand the question sorry

Which BAPI transaction or do you use for import ?

I would recommend learning about data exchange. You can find informations for example when going to the service market place for utilities (service.sap.com/utilities) and follow this path:

SAP for Utilities - Product Information --> IS-U/CCS --> Intercompany Data Exchange --> Cookbooks&Guidelines --> Data Exchange

Edited by: Nicolas Le Jeune on Oct 7, 2009 1:42 PM