cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARIS and Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I made simple demo and I noticed that there are several limitations in ARIS<->Solution Manager synchronization. Could You explain me some issues or tell how to solve them, that would be very helpful.

1. When I make model in SolMan and then import it to ARIS I have all elements and connections between them, but when I make changes to this model in ARIS, ex. Adding new element with connection,and export it back to Solman I have my old model with new element but without connection. Could you tell me how to export connections from ARIS to SolMan? What I might do wrong?

2. Where SolMan keeps all data about connetions between elements?

3. How can I do tree connection in ARIS (one element is connected to more than one element) and then import them to SolMan?

If You have any tutorials or documents about ARIS in SAP, please sent them to me, I will be grateful for Your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Please follow the instructions from note 984876 and 1114046

Check these notes below too.

Number 1148411

Short text Release Restrictions for SAP PPM by IDS Scheer 4.1

Number 1317150

Short text FAQ: Implementation Tools of SAP Solution Manager

[9] Question: How is Third Party Tool ARIS integrated into SAP Solution Manager to model, analyse and document Business Processes?

Answer:

You can use ARIS for SAP NetWeaver as a modeling environment and for the detailed analysis and documentation of processes. You can use ARIS for SAP NetWeaver as a modeling environment to import predefined process models as reference content from SAP Solution Manager. You can enhance these models and synchronize them with SAP Solution Manager. For an overview of the possible implementations of ARIS for SAP NetWeaver and how ARIS for NetWeaver interacts with integration processes and SAP Solution Manager, please refer to the SAP NetWeaver Library: description of the scenario Business Process Management in the variant Usage and Adaptation of Predefined Content (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/51/95644264df0d53e10000000a155106/frameset.htm). For more information about ARIS for SAP NetWeaver, see the vendor documentation.

Number 857898

Short text FAQ - Business Process Monitoring (BPMon)

Question 2:

It is possible to transfer processes from other process modeling tools (such as ARIS) to the implementation part of SAP Solution Manager?

Answer:

There is no SAP solution available for this yet. ARIS provides an interface that enables you to exchange data with Solution Manager projects. In the future, we plan to develop an SAP interface that enables you to import business process data from the process modeling tools that are currently used.

Answers (0)