cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ServiceDesk with status HOLD and SLA Calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there experts,

I was trying to figure out a scenario with ServiceDesk and SLA... I got SLA working but thinking about the third parties that will be using the system we came up with the following Issue:

Imagine that you have a SLA enabled based on Priority then a new request of support came up... there´s a standard status called Proposed Solution... imagine that this is not the final status and its just a suggesting of solution then it must be tested by the "other side" of the support... so the SLA is counting and the bomb will blow up in the servicedesk hands but this is waiting a response from the "customer" or even a third party person that is not concerned about the SLA since its for the support and not for him.

I was thinking like: Why to control SLA if you cannot stop the clock for a "customer action"?

Some ideas came up my mind such put into the mentioned status some specific action but I dont have a clue if theres some CRM method that stops clock.

I saw some threads regarding the "Stop time" but none was conclusing... Am I thinking wrong with this "HOLD" status or u agree with me that this is a big lack of functionallity from SAP?

Thanks in advance for any idea/response/solution you may post here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Fernando,

Unfortunately you have hit the nail on the head of one of Solman's limitations.

In any case, if the scenario you mention happens, you will blow the allotted SLA time - I'll go further and say that the SLA time becomes meaningless - because you are right, you could have picked up the call, come up with a solution and proposed it to your customer....but then he goes on holiday!

I think that if you really wanted to calculate the SLA time, you'd have to develop the functionality - to do so I'd start by looking at the status change logs - since they know exactly the date/time on which the status of your request went to 'customer action' and then came back to you...and so on.

My employer has recently been SAP support centre certified - this is something we raised and SAP know about this. Let's hope the next version of solman covers this critical function.

~p

Former Member
0 Kudos

As usual a very good answer from you Pascal and I think it´s really something that lacks in Solution manager....

The "hold" status is something basic at any helpdesk functionallity who uses SLA to control the time.

I was just wondering that it could be a best practice to have a continuous clock ticking even in the situation of "Customer Action"... the SAP uses this status and I wonder if they track time and how they do that...

Anyway I am thinking to go for development but I am just leveraging some points.... following your instructions Pascal, I really have at the cockpit the option to go for Menu ->System->Changes Document to find the info about when the status was changed... Is there any other place I can check that?

Points awarded for your answer

0 Kudos

Hi Fernando.

Have you ever been able to deal with the held status in SLA?

We are facing the same issue and I did some research. I got a few information, basically driving to the BADI CRM_SRV_SLA_CALCTIME, but nothing really useful.

If you got lucky on that, please share your achievements.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Cristiano