Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer 8 and SAP products

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have a strange experience with the NWA. When i call the NWA in IE 8 the website is blank.

If i call the NWA from Firefox i have no problems. I also have problems when i use IE 8 on the SAP Service Marketplace. There i cannot mark entries in alv lists (i.e. when getting SSCR keys).

Is there a problem with IE 8 and SAP Products??

Regards

Jakob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Other than checking PAM against your complete environment for recommendations I have only a temp workaround

Use IE8 in compatibility mode to use it in the meantime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, that works! I don't know why I didn't try earlier...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the same issue with IE 8 and the SSCR application. Strangely enough, my colleague with the same IE 8 patchlevel can use it with no problem - did anyone find a solution for this?

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

Yes there is some changes have to make for IE 8.0 on portal side for e.g for WEBDYNPRO. note no :- 1347768 & 1340185

But i am not sure abt NWA.

Can you share on what SP level you are.

Thanks

Anil

jakob_steen-petersen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m on 7.00 SP18. But thats only on the Netweaver local.

SAP Service Marketplace also have problems. But i addmit that when i check the PAM IE 8 is not released for any SAP products.

Thats a problem isn´t ? Some years ago SAP was talking about their close relationship with Microsoft - but that was then?

Jakob

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are some things you can do to make SAP support IE8 but in general, you are correct. The PAM shows that it is not supported yet so I would expect limited support and functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

On know one functin in SAP.NET which doesn't work correctly. You can't f.e. select rows in the license generation application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you looked at the PAM available at service.sap.com/pam ?