cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Monitoring Process and Integration Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the difference between the Monitoring Process object for BAM and Integration Process object? Both seem to have exactly the same design environment in the Enterprise Services Builder.

Is it so that Monitoring Process alarms only appear in the UWL of the specified user?

Also, suppose I am wanting to create a receive step to wait for the arrival of a message instead of an event (say I want to check a specific message arrives before a certain time, correlating several fields of the message, which is something I cannot do I believe with alert monitoring). Am I able to do this? I cannot see a reason why not, but I'd like confirmation.

BR,

Tony.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is it so that Monitoring Process alarms only appear in the UWL of the specified user?

This is not the case.....message will appear in the UWL of the user only when the User Decision step is included.

In case of Monitoring process if you want to raise any alarm (alert) it will either come to the Alert Inbox or (if configured) to the email address.

Both Integration Process and Monitoring Process can be termed as one and the same.....check if this link helps you:

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the link! I read through the replies, but it still leaves a couple of basic questions unsolved:

1) Why did SAP discriminate these two types of PI objects at design time - the Monitoring Process and the Integration Process?

2) new capabilities of PI 7.1 are touted as:

Event provisioning and consumption for BAM:

- Local container

- Subscription and handling of business process events

- Milestone Monitoring

So can I only employ event provisioning, subscription of Business process Events and Milestome monioring with a Monitoring process, or can I do that with an Integration Process as well?

BR,

Tony.

Answers (0)