Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change link of salary statement in ESS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i am working on ECC 5.0, EP 6.0.

In the ESS , when i click on "salary statement"(under benifits and payments), Its showing up the salary statement. I would like this to point to some other external link when i click on salary statement.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Saibaba

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sure,

you can change the "Serive type" of service EMPLOYEE_BENEFITPAY_PAYCHECK (or *_05) in View V_T7XSSSERSRV for example to "Direct URL launched in a separate window". and change "Server" & "Directory Path" of the corresponding ressource EMPLOYEE_PAYCHECK_SERVICE (or *_05) in view V_T7XSSSERRES

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hauck,

Could u please give me the path for that?

Thanks for the info provided.

Thanks,

Saibaba

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sai,

go to SPRO

use path Personnel Management / Employee Self Service / General Settings / Homepage for Self-Services / Resources / Define Resources

or

..... / Services / Define Services

otherwise you can use stransaction SM30 to edit the above mentioned views directly.

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAIBABA

go through in ECC 5.0

SPRO -> IMG -> cross application components ->Homepage framework ->Define resources ->define resources (add entries)

now find out EMPLOYEE_PAYCHECK_SERVICE resource object key.

double click to open it.

u see

directory path --> sap.com/ess~rem

object name --> PaySlip2

remove this directory path and object name.

now under url of resource object ,specified ur url to ur application which u want to open.

under window name u specifi _blank (open in new window)

save ur changes a warning occurs. press enter. relese the request. restsrt the j2ee server.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hauck/kaushal,

I made the following changes in the SPRO.

In the view V_T7XSSSERSRV, i changed service type to

"Direct URL launched in a separate window" and saved it.

and In the view V_T7XSSSERRES, i removed directory path and object name and entered URL of resource object as some website name like www.yahoo.com. and i saved all.

After doing these, the "salary statement" link in ESS disappeared from the portal. Should i need to restart the J2EE server and see or do i need to anything else.

could u also tell what is the significance of the "URL of Resouce Object" in V_T7XSSSERRES.

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sai,

maybe will make things more clear.

you don't have to restart the server, just logoff / logon with you user to the portal.

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAIBABA

first of all avoid direct modification in V_T7XSSSERSRV

and V_T7XSSSERRES using sm30.

use homepage framework for customizing.

if possible revrt back ur changes in V_T7XSSSERSRV and

V_T7XSSSERRES.

restart the j2ee server. now see the link is available or not?

if it's available than apply the process which i suggest.

if link is still not available

look at sap note 808111

regards,

kaushal

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kaushal,

editing the views is exactly what the "homepage framework customizing" does. if you know the relevant views, it's much faster and easier to complain to edit the views directly (we have provided the SPRO path to homepage framewotk customizing, too...).

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ACHIM

thanks for ur replay.

i agreed with u.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for both of u.

Finally it is able to open new window but it is searching for the link that i have given in the service "employee_paycheck_service" (link www.yahoo.com ) in the server and giving the error that the application is not deployed at "sap.com/pcui_gp~xssutils".

does the application need to be deployed at that location(if so How can i give that location path while uploading, i don't have any option of providing the path while uploading any application from system administration) or can we deploy the application at some place?

if so can u give us the steps to be followed.

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sai,

did you follow the steps in

you don't have to deploy the ressource to the WAS, you can even use external links (you have to change service type from "Web Dynpro" to "External URL"

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi saibaba

u specified the link under

object name --> www.yahoo.com

object name contain the name of thw webdynpro application since no application have name www.yahoo.com so u get

application is not deployed at "sap.com/pcui_gp~xssutils".

remove it

and specified it under url of resource object

that i already suggest.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hauck,

i followed the steps mentioned in the link but still it is not able open that link. Its giving internal server error.

Hi Kaushal,

even if i am specifying URL of Resource object as www.yahoo.com , its giving the internal error.

The following is the internal error.

"com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.api.WDDispatcherException: Requested deployable object 'sap.com/pcui_gp~xssutils' and application 'www.yahoo.com' are not deployed on the server. Please check the used URL."

Please correct me if i am missing anything?

Thanks in advance and thanks alot for u information.

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sai,

please add http:// in front of your url. place it in the URL-Textfield of the ressource and enter _blank in the window name. empty everything else.

save it.

maybe it's a caching problem, so log off. destroy all RFC connections from that user in SM04.

try again. most probably it's the missing http:// anyway

kr, achim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot ...now its resolved.

Once again thanks for Hauck and Kaushal. Now the link is opening...

Thks.

Saibaba

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

good to hear,

if it's solved, you should mark the thread as "solved", too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i connected to some sites like yahoo.co.in...by giving them in the URL for Resource object.its displaying.

But my actual URL is very long and developed using "ASP"(i think so).

My url is somthing like this

https://xx.yy.com/login.asp?formID=FrmXyz&Com=zz .

when i open the same link in browser its opening..but through "salary statement" its not opening..

any help...

Thanks,

saibaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For the same requirement.

When I add a link in the url of resource object tab

say as http://www.yahoo.com the browser opened is having the manipulated url i.e. input parameters will be added to the url like this http://www.yahoo.com?sap-rtl=kfdf&;

My requirement is the url should not at all be manipulated.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

ND.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

can anyone tell me how to configure ESS so that I can use a Salary Statement other than the standard?

I've been in Personnel Management » ESS » Service Specific Settings » Benefits & Payment » Salary Statement » Form Using HR Forms Editor (PE51)

which is where the standard form is and it is called "PF01".

I designed a new form in PE51 (called "ZAL1") and I tried to change the feature (decision tree) in PE03.

I collapse the decision tree to HRFOR » RCLAS(01) » C » MOLGA » OTHERWISE » RCLAS +01 (03) » ESS and the parameter that appears is "$CEDT$". CEDT is the FORM CLASS name of the form PF01 and ZAL1. If I change this parameter to ZAL1 an error occurs in the Portal side (form not found).

I think that this is quite simple but I'm just not seeing it...

Thanks

Antonio

Answers (0)