cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot open Web Dynpro Perspective

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Our IT team installed the NWDI version 7.0.20 on thin client, and I am trying to test today. Every other users on thin client can work perfectly but not me. Everytime I try to open the Web Dynpro Perspective or create the Web Dynpro Project, it displays the following error messages.

Problems opening perspective 'com.sap.ide.webdynproperspective'. (This error message is for opening the Web Dynpro Perspective )

The selected wizard could not be started.

Reason :

Plug-in com.sap.ide.webdynpro.archivebuilder was unable to load class com.sap.ide.webdynpro.archivebuilder.project.WebDynproStandaloneProject'. (This error message is for creating the Web Dynpro Project)

I am in the middle of the project , and deadline is quite close. Please show me the ways to fix these problems.

Thank you,

Yu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try deleting the .metadata folder from your workspace and restart NWDS. This makes it reconfigure itself, which sometimes fixes issues like these.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

thank you so much for your immediately responses, the problem was really solved in that way. thanks again,

Yu

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to delete .metadata folder from your system and check it out

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to post the same answer, you could have also used copy/paste. That would have been a lot less effort, Bala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies for that Pascal.When I was posting the answer i didn't see any other answer

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri