cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text configurations with sap-config-mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would somebody explane to me:

I changed text with url-parameter sap-config-mode=x in FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA view in logon language (that's not EN or DE). The result after savig this change is that the English or German text are replased with numbers. For example I change text "Reason" of Feld-ID: CUSTOMER. When using language-parameter=EN, this text is shown as number "19". So there is no possibility to run travel application in English (or German) along with local language.

I would like to know, is this standard behaviour? What's the point here? Whow must I make text-changes in application FITE_EXPENSES to be able top run it in local language as well as in English?

Regards Seppo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello P,

Try transaction SOTR_EDIT. Choose Short text, Language and Text, this works with asterisk before and after your keyword (try location).

With Display you'll find all packages where text location is used, first and foremost PTRM_WEB_UI.

After choosing the text in screen OTR: Change Concept choose Edit-Context-Change, pass with enter Context-popup.

You may also go straight to context-text from the component view. Transaction se80, package PTRM_WEB_UI, web dynpro component, for example FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA, in Layout tab sheet activate the text, you aim to change, in Property-window double-click the field text $OTR:...-link, and you'll have the context-window, where you can modify the text.

Check also this link: https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-13926.

BR

Seppo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again for help.

SOTR_EDIT helped me to find proper collection for translation, but using SE63 is much easier for tranlsation (no need to search for every one entry).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

I was blind in hurry, and take back what I stated. I did not create a customer message on this issue here, it was another serious one, on which I also posted a question here (threadID=1517006). Concerning this text-change-problem I solved it so, that I resetted changes made with sap-config-mode=x, and did them once again with OTR browser.

I suppose, with sap-config-mode there is more guestion on personalization of views (made as administrator), where translation are not involved. So if you want to change texts, it is better to do with OTR into those langueges you are using.

BR

Seppo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the answer.

I also found that this should be done using OTR, but i don't know how to use it. Do you have any links regarding using of OTR?

Never mind. I found it - using SE63 for text type SOTR.

I now only have to find technical IDs.

Edited by: Przemyslaw Siudzinski on Nov 3, 2009 2:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Now - I'm still working on it. I also created yesterday a customer message on this error, but it is still in Sent to SAP-status.

Seppo

Edited by: Seppo Somppi on Nov 3, 2009 12:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the answer.

Please give me some feedback when you have an answer from OSS.

Regards

P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Did you manage to resolve this problem? I have the same issue, and i don't know how to correct this.