cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Operations in 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know about multiple operations in 7.1.

In what kind of scenarios it can be used. When it can be used?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sudeep,

IF you have worked with earlier version of PI, you would be able to understand this.

As an example i will take the functionality of a calculator, with add, subtract etc its operation

In XI3.0/PI7.0, if you are creating a SOAP-->XI scenario then you will expose it as a wsdl. Now this wsdl will have only one operation (say addition) and it can be used only for that.

If you need other operations (say for eg subtraction, multiplication etc.) then you need to configure it as separate interfaces in XI.. (Yes i know that it can be decided by a flag field, but i dont want to decide operation on any flag)..

So with PI71 we have the flexibility of having more than one operation in a service interfaces and hence a single wsdl will be able to do all functionality

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can multiple operation as you please and like any other scenarios development. with multiple operation PI interface is now more close to Web Services (One service many operation).

One example is TUCC scenarios (WS-RM) but it is not exclusively used for same.

Idea is to club related operations together in one service interface, for example Inventory Management Service Interface can have operations related to Create, Modify, Read etc.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Furthermore building abap proxies out of service interfaces with multiple operations is only supported from a specific ECC SP upwards. Unfortunately not sure about the exact SP number.

Cheers,

Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I would like to know about multiple operations in 7.1.

> In what kind of scenarios it can be used. When it can be used?

Hi Sudeep,

It is mainly used for use with WS-RM protocol.

Basically, on ERP side, if your interface is XI 3.0 compatible, single operation is supported. Operation name should be same as Service interface name.

If interface is of type "Stateless", WS-RM can only be used.

You can have multiple operations at Sender side if you want to expose a Web Service, but each operation needs to be mapped to separate XI 3.0 compatible Service Interface on ERP side and vice versa.

Best regards,

Vikas

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
It is mainly used for use with WS-RM protocol.

I doubt this statement.....any document available for the same?

Operation name should be same as Service interface name.

If Stateless XI30 Compatible then only one Operation will be visible. Operation name in this case cannot be changed

For all other Interface Patterns, Operation name can be selected.....they need not (rather cannot) be same as the Service Interface name (they can be similar)

You can have multiple operations at Sender side if you want to expose a Web Service, but each operation needs to be 
mapped to separate XI 3.0 compatible Service Interface on ERP side and vice versa.

having ERP as source/ target is not mandatory.

mapping to XI30 compatible is also not mandatory. just refer my blog and it will answer some of your doubts

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

> I doubt this statement.....any document available for the same?

Please refer to this [document|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/50a1a52b-688c-2a10-bc91-8985e4a188a0] , page 12 specifically. It will answer you doubt.

> If Stateless XI30 Compatible then only one Operation will be visible. Operation name in this case cannot be changed

> For all other Interface Patterns, Operation name can be selected.....they need not (rather cannot) be same as the Service Interface name (they can be similar)

You can always delete the default operation(changing to Stateless temporarily) and create new, but it wont work for XI 3.0 compatible. This case should have same name in operation name as the Service Interface name. By default u cant edit.

> having ERP as source/ target is not mandatory.

> mapping to XI30 compatible is also not mandatory. just refer my blog and it will answer some of your doubts

Yes I agree the ERP is not mandatory. But, the point is that application should be capable of WS-RM protocol. ERP is just an example here.

Its good having discussion on this topic.

Regards,

Vikas

Edited by: Vikas Aggarwal on Oct 1, 2009 5:13 PM

Edited by: Vikas Aggarwal on Oct 1, 2009 5:15 PM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the Concept here: /people/abhishek.salvi/blog/2009/07/31/using-service-interfaces-now-reuse-one

Similarly you can apply the logic to other scenarios also...make sure you understand the restriction mentioned in the blog.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudeep,

Can you please elaborate your question?

What multiple operations are you talking about?

Regards,

Gautam Purohit